Original Factory Warranty - Transferable?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

When I bought my 05 LS430 with 30K miles in March of 07, I took it to my local Lexus dealer & they did all the paper work on their computer to get it transfered to my name. There was also a form in the owners manual that I mailed in to change it over to me. The dealer also printed out all the service records for the car & gave it to me. I also had them do the 30K service.

• 10 months later...
First posting...

I have a 2004 GX470 with only 14,500 miles - is the original 48/50,000 transferable?

Thank you

Yes, it is transferable. The warranty goes with the car and the warranty begins the day the car drives off the lot or 50,000 miles which ever comes first.

Montana

• 1 year later...
First posting...

I have a 2004 GX470 with only 14,500 miles - is the original 48/50,000 transferable?

Thank you

Yes, it is transferable. The warranty goes with the car and the warranty begins the day the car drives off the lot or 50,000 miles which ever comes first.

Montana

I am looking into buying a used ES350. I can see the mileage on the car, but how do I find out when the car was first sold (i.e., when the car drove off the lot)?

First posting...

Thank you

Montana

I am looking into buying a used ES350. I can see the mileage on the car, but how do I find out when the car was first sold (i.e., when the car drove off the lot)?

Dealers (lexus) have the info. in their computers. If you have the VIN, you can try accessing the info. through Lexus.com on line, but I am not sure you will be successful.

https://secure.drivers.lexus.com/lexusdrive...icle-summary.do

Sometimes the "Carfax" info. contains the date.

Good luck!