Replacement Tires For 2006 Gs 300

Can anyone point me in the right direction for new tires for my 2006 GS 300? I had the dealer replaced the stock tires at 13k miles (split cost 50/50) with the same Dunlop SP 2050s.. of course, we all know that those tires stink. I am ready to replace those tires now, actually got 17k miles out of them, but had to endure the terrible noise from cupping, as I could not justify shelling out more $$$ so soon. Are the Goodyear Response Edge tires good? Yokohama? Toyo? Please help... thanks

I am quite please with the Michelin Pilot Sport Exalto A/S that I put on over a year ago.

Quiet, excellent rain traction, good dry pavement traction and snow traction. Another tire that members will recommend are Bridgestone Turanza LS-Vs. The Goodyear Response Edge is fairly new to the market but it will be interesting to see how these fair.

steviej

I went with the Goodyear Eagle Response Edge. Just got them so can't really comment, although the ride is smoother than I can recall, even with the original Dunlop 2050's. Quiet too. When I picked up my car, another customer noticed I picked up the response edge, and told me that he had them.. to wait until it rains, then hit a turn hard (for driving in the rain) and see how well the car performs/ sticks.. he has them on his Maxima. We'll see...

I have also had strong recommendations for the Bridgestone RE960 Pole Position AS from a couple people I spoke to.

The techa t the tire store told me that Lexus put tires on the car (2006 GS) that well exceed the limitations of the car, and that was a mistake from the beginning, on Lexus' part.

• 3 weeks later...
I went with the Goodyear Eagle Response Edge. Just got them so can't really comment, although the ride is smoother than I can recall, even with the original Dunlop 2050's. Quiet too. When I picked up my car, another customer noticed I picked up the response edge, and told me that he had them.. to wait until it rains, then hit a turn hard (for driving in the rain) and see how well the car performs/ sticks.. he has them on his Maxima. We'll see...

I have also had strong recommendations for the Bridgestone RE960 Pole Position AS from a couple people I spoke to.

The techa t the tire store told me that Lexus put tires on the car (2006 GS) that well exceed the limitations of the car, and that was a mistake from the beginning, on Lexus' part.

I'm pretty much in the same spot with having to get new tires for my 06 gs300 with only 13,500miles on it, and its a leased car. Talk about excessive use, Lexus should flip the bill for the tires

I would also like some recommendations on new rubber...

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Can anyone point me in the right direction for new tires for my 2006 GS 300? I had the dealer replaced the stock tires at 13k miles (split cost 50/50) with the same Dunlop SP 2050s.. of course, we all know that those tires stink. I am ready to replace those tires now, actually got 17k miles out of them, but had to endure the terrible noise from cupping, as I could not justify shelling out more $$$ so soon. Are the Goodyear Response Edge tires good? Yokohama? Toyo? Please help... thanks

YEAH,GOODYEAR EAGLE RESPONSE EDGE OR MICHELIN PILOT SPORT EXALTO A/S....IM GETTING THE MICHELIN....IM JUST REPLACING THE STOCK AT 30K IM CRAZY I SHOULD OF BEEN CHANGE THEM CAUSE YESTERDAY I OF THE TIRES GOT REPLACE CAUSE WAS CUT FROM INTER SIDE

• 1 year later...

YEAH,GOODYEAR EAGLE RESPONSE EDGE OR MICHELIN PILOT SPORT EXALTO A/S....IM GETTING THE MICHELIN....IM JUST REPLACING THE STOCK AT 30K IM CRAZY I SHOULD OF BEEN CHANGE THEM CAUSE YESTERDAY I OF THE TIRES GOT REPLACE CAUSE WAS CUT FROM INTER SIDE

I just went with a set of 4 Goodyear Eagle Response Edge and took them on a 3000 mile trip right out of the gate. No noise, no vibration, excellent performance on wet and dry roads. Go goodyear. You won't be disappointed.