Navigation

Hi

I have a 2003 LS 430 with Nav. I have yet to update the navigation DVD and was thinking of doing so. If I were to update the DVD what new features would I get? Is it just more POIs and roads or is there other things also?

Furthermore I talked to a friend who was also thinking of updating and went to the local Lexus dealership to inquire about obtaining the new DVD. The mechanic told him that he should wait for the next version to come out because it would contain so much more. Is this true and if so when is the expected release date for the new DVD?

Thanks in Advance

• 7 months later...

Hi

I have a 2003 LS 430 with Nav. I have yet to update the navigation DVD and was thinking of doing so. If I were to update the DVD what new features would I get? Is it just more POIs and roads or is there other things also?

Furthermore I talked to a friend who was also thinking of updating and went to the local Lexus dealership to inquire about obtaining the new DVD. The mechanic told him that he should wait for the next version to come out because it would contain so much more. Is this true and if so when is the expected release date for the new DVD?

Thanks in Advance

Yours is a Gen23 Disk. Version 7.1 is now released for that model (November 2007).

Hi

Thanks in Advance

Yours is a Gen23 Disk. Version 7.1 is now released for that model (November 2007).

Hi

Thanks in Advance

The updates for GEN2, 3, and 4 are to the POIs and roads only. You will not experience any other enhancements to the operating system.