2004 Sc430 Tire Pressure Reset Button Location

mdab

Have a 2004 SC430 and the warning light re: tire pressure is on, but the pressure in the tires has been fine for the past week. Dealer said there was a "reset" button, but I cannot locate it. Can someone tell me where the tire pressure reset button is for the 2004 SC430?

Have a 2004 SC430 and the warning light re: tire pressure is on, but the pressure in the tires has been fine for the past week. Dealer said there was a "reset" button, but I cannot locate it. Can someone tell me where the tire pressure reset button is for the 2004 SC430?

There is no "reset button"

I swapped out my rims & TPMS. The light was on & reset itself after 5-10 minutes.

Sounds like you have a sensor (or two) with a dead battery.

The dealer can initailize the sensor locations, but that is for his benifit to tell which tire is low or sensor has the fault.

The dash light doesn't tell you which tire has the fault.

It is under the lower part of the dash under the trunk and gas door buttons. It is listed in the owners manual, and there are instructions on how to do it (at least on my 2007 it does). Basically you make sure the tires are where they are supposed to be for pressure, and then push it for I think three seconds with the ignition in the on position and then it should reset the light. Check your manual to see if it is the same for a 2004 model.

• 2 months later...
Can someone tell me where the tire pressure reset button is for the 2004 SC430?

It is under the lower part of the dash under the trunk and gas door buttons.

There is no button on the 2004 SC 430. The button was introduced on the 2007 model. The 2002 through 2006 SC 430's require a procedure:

2002 - 2006 SC 430

REGISTER TRANSMITTER ID

a. Set the inflation pressure of all tires to the normal value.

b. Connect the LEXUS hand-held tester to DLC3.

c. Turn the ignition switch ON.

d. When registering to "Main":

1. Using the LEXUS hand-held tester, select the registration mode,"Main".

2. Forcibly transmit the transmitter IDs for all wheels.

HINT:

* The transmitter ID can be transmitted by rapidly reducing the tire inflation pressure.

* When rapidly reducing the pressure, loosen the valve core.

* Increase or decrease the tire inflation pressure by 20 kPa (0.2 kgf/sq.cm, 2.9 psi) or more within 15 sec. for each tire.

3. Using the LEXUS hand-held tester, make sure that the number of the registered ID is 4.

HINT: If the operation of step (d) does not complete within 5 min., it will return to the normal operation mode. Also, if the number of the registered ID is less than 4 after 5 min. has elapsed, turning on the ignition switch will make the tire pressure warning light light up for 3 sec., go out for 0.5 sec., then up again and remain ON in the normal operation mode. In this case, do the operation again from the start.

e. When registering to "2nd":

1. Using the LEXUS hand-held tester, select the registration mode,"2nd".

2. Forcibly transmit the transmitter IDs for all wheels.

HINT:

* The transmitter ID can be transmitted by rapidly reducing the tire inflation pressure.

* When rapidly reducing the pressure, loosen the valve core.

* Increase or decrease the tire inflation pressure by 20 kPa (0.2 kgf/sq.cm, 2.9 psi) or more within 15 sec. for each tire.

3. Using the LEXUS hand-held tester, make sure that the number of the registered ID is 4.

HINT: If the operation of step e. does not complete within 5 min., it will return to the normal operation mode. Also, if the number of the registered ID is less than 4 after 5 min. has elapsed, turning on the ignition switch will make the tire pressure warning light light up for 3 sec., go out for 0.5 sec., then up again and remain ON in the normal operation mode. In this case, do the operation again from the start.

f. Using the LEXUS hand-held tester, check that the last 3 bits of the 4 registered ID codes are different each other.

g. Setting the inflation pressure of all tires to normal value completes the transmitter ID registration.