95 Ls400 Radio Backlight And Lcd

tofu

I have a 95 LS400 and I only put 85K miles on it, but my radio backlights are out and the LCD character are missing one of the segments. I know there is a fixed for the backlight and my question is if anyone knows there's a fixed for the LCD missing segment. Thank you for all your help...

You need to replace the LCD. I had mine replaced by Mikado in San Francisco, California. It's been a while, but I think it was like $150 for the job (plus probably another $60 for overnight shipping to and fro.), and they replaced the backlighting for free. Turn around time is nil--no more than an hour in my case. Here's the contact info that I used from k9crew:

blake,

the LCD in my '99 LS crapped out about four months ago. I sent it to Mikado in San Francisco and they did an excellent job of reparing it for $150. They install a new LCD that should last for many years. The turnaround was less than one day and I got my own unit back i.e. it's not an exchange deal. Here's the informatoin that you might need. Talk to Sammy ... he was very helpful and pleasant to deal with.

Mikado Technology Company

1435 Huntington Avenue, Suite C

South San Francisco

CA 94080

1-888-964-5236

My before and after:

DSC00891.sized.jpg

DSC00915.sized.jpg

Thank you blake918 for the info, but I thought there is a fix for this LCD just like the one for the cluster panel so I could fix it myself. Maybe I'm wrong...

I've never heard of any fix for this other than replacing the LCD or getting another stereo. I may be wrong too! LOL ;) I don't know what you mean by the cluster panel...

The radio backlight is out on my '95 LS400. Dealer quotes $600 to repair, and I just can't swallow that. There must be a way for a mechanically handy guy to repair this. Hasn't anyone ever done this?

I've also tried to find an aftermarket radio to replace this one. Can't find anything that doesn't look like it came off of the "bridge of the Starship Enterprise."

The radio backlight is out on my '95 LS400. Dealer quotes $600 to repair, and I just can't swallow that. There must be a way for a mechanically handy guy to repair this. Hasn't anyone ever done this?
I think the problem is that the part is hard to find. I searched for a lcd when mine was going out, but I couldn't find anything which is why I had Mikado do it. At any rate, $150 (+ shipping) is a very fair price to have the lcd replaced.

I think the problem is that the part is hard to find. I searched for a lcd when mine was going out, but I couldn't find anything which is why I had Mikado do it. At any rate, $150 (+ shipping) is a very fair price to have the lcd replaced.

thank you blake918 for the info.

the cluster panel is the odometer and rpm tach meter panel, I read somewhere about a fix for the cluster panel so I thought there was one for the radio LCD too...

I'm going to try to fix the backlight myself this weekend and I can live with the LCD missing segment until it's getting really worst than I will send it in for repair.

Oh well guys,

I went to Radio shack and bought the replacement lamps and replaced my radio lamps today, but after 2hour of work and my radio back light and the light for all the control button knobs still don't work. I think it's not the lamps that going bad it is something else such as a fuse or a power source for these lamp is bad. Anyone has any idea ????

If I can find a point inside the radio that has +12VDC whenever the radio is turned on I will solder a wire directly to the lamps??