3 replies to this topic

#1 holein1

holein1

New Club Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 November 2002 - 04:16 PM

Does any one know how to reset a ES300 2002 Nav Sys. I get an error message that says can not read data check to see if DVD is correct.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Lexus Fever

Lexus Fever

New Club Member

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Model: 1990 LS400

Posted 20 April 2008 - 11:10 AM

Does any one know how to reset a ES300 2002 Nav Sys. I get an error message that says can not read data check to see if DVD is correct.

You can try pulling the fuse for the radio/navigation system from the fuse panel for 5-10 minutes or can pull the negative terminal cable from the battery for 5-10 minutes. If you pull the battery cable you will lose some presets though, like radio and seat settings, etc.

2008 Lexus Reviews

#3 Step Hen

Step Hen

Advanced Club Member

• PipPipPip
  • 374 posts
  • Model: 2006 Lexus GS300

Posted 20 April 2008 - 09:08 PM

What disc are you using? I would try an OEM disc.

#4 navguy

navguy

Advanced Club Member

• PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Model: ES330

Posted 30 April 2008 - 01:14 PM

First, the ten digit part number on the disc should be 86271-3303X; the last digit does not matter. If you have something else besides a -3303x then you have the wrong disc installed.

Second, did you select a different country in the LOADING TAB section hidden within the diagnostic screen? If YES, then you will have to buy a new or remanufactured navigation ECU. The part number is 86841-47020-OW.

Hope this helps.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have