92 Emergency Brake Cable

My left side emergency brake cable has frozen for the second time. The Dealer replaced it a few years ago and broke off some mounts and used tyraps tied to the fuel lines to support it.

Anyways, in the process of replacing fuel lines, I saw the cable stuck and the brake shoes worn.

No one has the part in stock.

Has anyone ever had suscess in freeing up the cable and it lasting?

Does anyone have any spare brake shoes?

My left side emergency brake cable has frozen for the second time. The Dealer replaced it a few years ago and broke off some mounts and used tyraps tied to the fuel lines to support it.

Anyways, in the process of replacing fuel lines, I saw the cable stuck and the brake shoes worn.

Has anyone ever had suscess in freeing up the cable and it lasting?

I gave up on repairing the cable and tried removing it. It is stuck at the front. Has anyone ever replaced their cable or know of instructions. It lloks like the cable gets turned 90 degees and pos out but mine is not turning. I doesn't help the exhausrt is in the way.

Has anyone ever had sucess in freeing up the cable and it lasting?

I gave up on repairing the cable and tried removing it. It is stuck at the front. Has anyone ever replaced their cable or know of instructions. It looks like the cable gets turned 90 degees and pos out but mine is not turning. I doesn't help the exhaust is in the way.

Well after days of wire brushing and PB Blaster, I got the old cable off. In trying to reinstall, I had to chisel off the mount nut by the axle stabilizer bar. New bolt and nut and next to the mount that goes next to the tank strap. Nothing left but half a bolt. Made a new clamp out of plumbers strapping. Will try tomorrow if the weather holds up.

Next is draining the gas tank. Anybody done this?

Next is draining the gas tank. Anybody done this?
Yes. I have.

Thank goodness my cell phone was charged and my husband was in a good mood.

rosie

Emptied the tank. Daughter happy for the free gas in her car, Replaced fuel line.

Finally got parking brake cable replaced, and parking shoes installed and adjusted.

Did not help that it rained or snowed and I have the car out side.