Need Tires For Your 2004 Rx330 (18")?

newtoncd

I bought a set of 18" Kumho's from a local dealer after seeing them on tire rack. Total cost with install and balancing & alignment was under $600. Very nice riding tire and excellent winter snow & ice traction. I highly recommend them. Softer ride than the Alenzas that they replaced

The Alenza is a far better tire than the Michelin Energy MXV4 S8. The Alenza has a 65,000-mile treadwear warranty while the Michelin has no treadwear warranty. The Alenza has a new tread depth of 12/32 while the Michelin new tread depth is only 9/32. The Alenza is rated much better in rain and snow conditions than the Michelin. Both tires are priced about the same, but with the Firestone sale noted by newtoncd, it becomes an even better deal.

I've had the Alenzas on my wife's 2004 RX330 AWD for about 2,000 miles now and they blow the Michelins away. Keep in mind that the Alenza is a true SUV tire while the Michelin is designed for sedans and coupes. This is a no-brainer - if you want the far better tire for an SUV application, go with the Alenza....

I ran a set of alenzas on my rx330. They were good to about 40,000 miles and then got very very noisy. So noisy I got rid of them before they were worn out. So unless you are hearing impaired the 65,000 mile warranty is useless. They are good for 40k.

Either you've got a problem with your vehicle (alignment, perhaps) or you're simply not taking care of your tires. My wife's Alenzas have nearly 34,000 miles on them right now and still have more than 65% of their original tread depth left. Alignment is good and all four are wearing evenly with absolutely no increase in cabin noise since the day they were installed. I run them at 36 psi yearround, rotate them every time I do my own oil and filter change, and most importantly, I check the tire pressures every weekend without fail....

If wet-weather performance declines or tire noise increases once my wife's Alenzas reach 40,000 miles and beyond, you can bet that I'll post it here. Given the manner in which I take care of our tires, I do not expect this to become a problem. Time will tell....

Either you've got a problem with your vehicle (alignment, perhaps) or you're simply not taking care of your tires. My wife's Alenzas have nearly 34,000 miles on them right now and still have more than 65% of their original tread depth left. Alignment is good and all four are wearing evenly with absolutely no increase in cabin noise since the day they were installed. I run them at 36 psi yearround, rotate them every time I do my own oil and filter change, and most importantly, I check the tire pressures every weekend without fail....

If wet-weather performance declines or tire noise increases once my wife's Alenzas reach 40,000 miles and beyond, you can bet that I'll post it here. Given the manner in which I take care of our tires, I do not expect this to become a problem. Time will tell....

Same maintenence as you. They got noisy very suddenly. Not one but all of them. I ditched them with 30% of the treadwear still there. No problems with the vehicle either. I drove them about 50-55,000 miles. The NTB dealer in my area said they have seen that issue with them before. BTW, I do think they would have gone 75k. BUt I couldn't take the noise anymore.