2005 Es330 Trailer Towing

aLf

Does or has anyone installed an after market towing kit? I learned the hard way that the wiring needs a dedicate 12 volt supply to control lights. Any ideas of a simple pickup point for the 12 volts? Also if one keeps the weight at the 2,000 pound limit, do you think that I'd do any harm in towing short distances? Thanks for your input. aLf

Does or has anyone installed an after market towing kit? I learned the hard way that the wiring needs a dedicate 12 volt supply to control lights. Any ideas of a simple pickup point for the 12 volts? Also if one keeps the weight at the 2,000 pound limit, do you think that I'd do any harm in towing short distances? Thanks for your input. aLf

There are no words. You are using an ES for towing?

rosie

There are no words. You are using an ES for towing?

rosie

Sorry Rosie, it is a small boat, a small utility trailer and stuff needs to be moved. I plan to only tow to the boat landing and back (2 miles), <1,000 pound boat. If I had a choice, I'd use my minivan but sometimes I'm at the property with the ES. aLf

I REALLY wouldn't tow anything with this car. I would be extremely concerned about premature transmision failure.

It not the same but I have a 92 that i use to pull my several small trailers. The heaviest one is used to move sand from a friends house to mine. I'm hauling a ton at a time. I've made the 30 mile trip dozens of times. No problems. Mostly it's used to move a box that won't or I don't want to put in the car.

I mounted an isolation controller in the trunk by the left taillight. I ran a tap off the fuseblock and ran a wire under the carpet into the trunk. Did not have to drill any holes that way.