Glacier Frost Debate

I am looking at pics of this glacier frost and it looks amazing.

yet, when I visited the dealer...the salesman made a point of telling me "you don't want that color..it is really weird."

I don't get it..it looks white with some shimmers of blue...very cool.

why is it so controversial? Can someone provide more pics and offer some opinion.

yet, when I visited the dealer...the salesman made a point of telling me "you don't want that color..it is really weird."

why is it so controversial? Can someone provide more pics and offer some opinion.

A salesman might tell you just about anything if it's something he doesn't have or if it's hard go get.

06GlacierIS250.jpg

DSC01385.jpg

See it in person before making a decision.

It's a cool color cause it changes in different light, but one of those changes is PINK!

As long as you don't mind your friends calling you Mary Kay, it's pretty nice.

See it in person before making a decision.

It's a cool color cause it changes in different light, but one of those changes is PINK!

As long as you don't mind you friends calling you Mary Kay, it's pretty nice.

lol, Scott!!!! Actually, I always loved that color, until my husband saw it. He said the exact same thing, "It looks like a girl's car." Well, uh, I hate to say it, but I AM A GIRL!!!! lol :P

HAHAHAHA. I love horrible salespeople. What a stupid thing to say to a customer, if he worked for me he'd have his walking papers.

Buy the color you like, and find a salesperson thats interested in helping you find the car YOU want, thats a salesperson's job.

I've owned my GFM for 9 months now and it has yet to turn pink, but I have appreciated the positive comments from both men and women regarding the color. I feel a little cheated not getting to see the pink version, though. Maybe tonight I'll check it out under the parking lot lights at the Pepto-Bismol plant.

Turn on the pink lights, the man wants to see a pink car. :D

was the car in stock when u went to the dealership....coz the dealer might have said that , coz its gonna be a pain in the xxx for him to find u one in that color. dealers can be very smart with words!....personally, i dont like the color. too girly.

it looks white with some shimmers of blue...very cool

If you have the oppurtunity, I suggest checking out both the Glacier Frost and Breakwater Blue colors in person before deciding.

You if decide the Glacier is a little ~ya know~, you may like the Breakwater.

Although the wife calls it "Brokeback Mountain Blue", I still think it's a little less fem compared to the Glacier and was in fact, my color of choice.

Personally, I would never order a color without seeing it in person first.

Hop online to your closest dealers and see what they have in stock.

It may be worth the drive.

Both are very nice colors though. :rolleyes:

it looks white with some shimmers of blue...very cool

If you have the oppurtunity, I suggest checking out both the Glacier Frost and Breakwater Blue colors in person before deciding.

You if decide the Glacier is a little ~ya know~, you may like the Breakwater.

Although the wife calls it "Brokeback Mountain Blue", I still think it's a little less fem compared to the Glacier and was in fact, my color of choice.

Personally, I would never order a color without seeing it in person first.

Hop online to your closest dealers and see what they have in stock.

It may be worth the drive.

Both are very nice colors though. :rolleyes:

i own the breakwater blue metallic. During the day it can look a lil too soft..but at night the color rocks...more silverish...but the glacier forst....at night turns pink and mmmmm if u really prefer pink...u should get it!

The more I look at this, the more I like it!

DSC01385.jpg

(not that there's anything wrong with that ;) )

I have an 07 IS350 in glacier frost. When I was first looking I wanted the tungsten, but couldn't manage to get my hands on the package that I wanted in that color and this one came in. I wasn't sure I liked it at first, but went back a couple more times and the more I saw it, the more I liked it. Actually, since I bought it, I have seen many different colors in it depending on the lighting at the time, and I like all of them. I have not, however, seen the pink color that people are mentioning. I think if you like it, you won't be disappointed after you take it home. ;)

• 4 months later...

What color is this car?? Glacier Frost Mica or Starfire Pearl??

Girly is fine 'cause I'm a girl... no, wait, I'm a woman! ^_^

Since I won't be able to see the color in person before making my decision, can you tell me why you chose this color (that is if you got this color.)

What color is this car?? Glacier Frost Mica or Starfire Pearl??

Girly is fine 'cause I'm a girl... no, wait, I'm a woman! ^_^

Since I won't be able to see the color in person before making my decision, can you tell me why you chose this color (that is if you got this color.)

Glacier Frost Mica

• 2 months later...
to put it blatantly, he must have thought that its a girl's color choice...

however, if he said that when you said you liked the color, then the guys just an !Removed!. lol if you like the color by all means buy it

I found it interesting, even so, that salesman is pretty weird. The Glacier Frost Mica is one of the most unique colors to get for the IS 350, I actually have a IS 350 with that color and I love it. So the Glacier Frost Mica would be a good choice if you want my opinion.

• 3 weeks later...

GFM..... just a gimmick. You will never see a Mercedes or a BMW with GMF color! Why? Because it's a little kid's color. It's like something highschoolers get wowed out because of the blue shimmer at night time. If you're going to spend money to buy an IS, get a color that fits with the car. Make it look like the money's it's worth. You can never go wrong with White, Black, Silver, maybe even red.... But chances are, those "rare" colors are rare because it's ugly! Maybe 10% of the people might like it, but 90% of the people with taste will think it's nasty and a waste of a perfectly beautiful luxury sports sedan.

It's like what they say, classics never go out of the style. But if you go with the "fad" color, I guarantee anyone over the age of 20 will think it's gross.

If you like something similar, I think the Starfire Pearl looks much better.

GFM..... just a gimmick. You will never see a Mercedes or a BMW with GMF color!

Ever been to a BMW or Mercedes dealer? They have some god awful "in" colors.

Not to mention BMW's horrible orange leather interior in the X3.

I got to see the color in person.

Nope...

I did not like the color.

In cloudy days (most of the time here in Oregon ;) it looks brown/yellowish.

If you like white, I'd go with just white. No funky shade.

On the other hand, I decided to go with Matador Red, a completely different color :) and after waiting for 3 months, my car is finally arrived and ready to pick up this Saturday!!!