Any Consistent Nagging Problems / Rattles With 2007 Rx

Drove an RX350 yesterday and was very impressed. I know there may be some changes in 2008. Have there been any consistent nagging problems/rattles, etc.?? I can't stand interior rattles, etc. and my brother has a Lexus sedan with 30K miles and referred to the two loaner RX's he had were 'rattle traps'.....

MCF34,

Every unit will have it's own little, imperfections. Maybe your brother has driven the beaten up loaner RX330/350s because people don't take care of loaners or rentals. Personally, I've had a new loaner, and seems like there aren't any rattles. Once I had a loaner with only 350 on the odo.It was relatively perfect, maybe a little rattle on the dash. Otherwise, if you take care of it, it shouldn't be too bad. Good luck in deciding on either the RX or GX. :)

• 1 month later...

I drove a 2007 loaner for the past week and after day two I was going nuts with a persistant rattle. My husband sat in the back seat trying to figure out where the rattle was coming from. The rattle turned out to be the lock buttons on the cargo cover. If the buttons were not in the lock position they rattled like crazy. Once locked the car was wonderfully quiet.

Nancy

• 1 month later...

I just purchased a 2008 RX350 for the wife. And we hear a rattling at the front right aswell. Took it to the dealership, they tested another 2008 and it had the same issue. They've opened a ticket with Lexus

I just purchased a 2008 RX350 for the wife. And we hear a rattling at the front right aswell. Took it to the dealership, they tested another 2008 and it had the same issue. They've opened a ticket with Lexus

We occasionally have a rattle somewhere in the rear cargo area. It was not the cargo cover as we checked that already. Rattle occurs when the vehicle is driven on rough pavement.

• 4 weeks later...

There is a rattle in the front area. I think it is the empty passenger seat. I have adjusted it to different settings and it still rattles.

I will bring it up at my next service.

My RX is the first of my other two Lexus's I've owned that at a stop sign the engine idles very rough. The water in my water bottles looks like they are in a blender.

The first time I plugged in the cell phone charger at the dash the whole unit came out of the dash.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My wife and I bought a CPO 2007 RX-350 a few weeks ago. I am a "rattle and random noise" freak, I'm sorry to say, so hear goes. We have two issues.....one has been identified and one still remains.

First one is the rattle/vibration coming from the back of the vehicle while driving over rough spots in the street. I traced it to the spare tire cover under the car. Even though the spare is pulled up tight against the underbody, the protective plastic cover that covers the bottom side cannot be pulled tight against the spare........that is, I haven't found a way yet. I took a piece of corrugated cardboard and stuffed it in one of the openings in the cover, thereby insulating the cover from the tire itself. That took care of the problem.

The other problem is a sound that I believe is coming from inside the front right passenger door. When I come to a quick stop, or, conversely, when pulling away from a stop, I hear what sounds like a loose screw or perhaps a bolt rolling around inside the door compartment. I will have the dealer check it on my first service.

Hope this helps, if either one of these issues are one of yours.

This forum is a great tool for owners ! :)

• 7 months later...
There is a rattle in the front area. I think it is the empty passenger seat. I have adjusted it to different settings and it still rattles.

My RX is the first of my other two Lexus's I've owned that at a stop sign the engine idles very rough. The water in my water bottles looks like they are in a blender.

The first time I plugged in the cell phone charger at the dash the whole unit came out of the dash.

Were you ever able to find the rattle in the passenger seat? Mine does the exact same thing!

• 2 months later...

you may wanna try the pivot voltage stabilizer with grounding (google it)... This stopped the vibrations in mine...

My wife and I bought a CPO 2007 RX-350 a few weeks ago. I am a "rattle and random noise" freak, I'm sorry to say, so hear goes. We have two issues.....one has been identified and one still remains.

First one is the rattle/vibration coming from the back of the vehicle while driving over rough spots in the street. I traced it to the spare tire cover under the car. Even though the spare is pulled up tight against the underbody, the protective plastic cover that covers the bottom side cannot be pulled tight against the spare........that is, I haven't found a way yet. I took a piece of corrugated cardboard and stuffed it in one of the openings in the cover, thereby insulating the cover from the tire itself. That took care of the problem.

The other problem is a sound that I believe is coming from inside the front right passenger door. When I come to a quick stop, or, conversely, when pulling away from a stop, I hear what sounds like a loose screw or perhaps a bolt rolling around inside the door compartment. I will have the dealer check it on my first service.

Wrong season for this, but our 2004 RX 330 was sometimes parked in the driveway under some oak trees, and acorns were able to make it down through ductwork under the dash, and they would roll and rattle something fierce. The dealer wouldn't believe this possible, until they found one of the acorns. There may have been something missing, that allowed this to happen.

Drove an RX350 yesterday and was very impressed. I know there may be some changes in 2008. Have there been any consistent nagging problems/rattles, etc.?? I can't stand interior rattles, etc. and my brother has a Lexus sedan with 30K miles and referred to the two loaner RX's he had were 'rattle traps'.....

I have a 20008 RX 350. I had two rattles. 1. I noticed when the sun visor is open on the moon roof there is a rattle. When I closed the visor the rattle went away. It took me awhile to figure this out. 2. I had put a few items in the cargo area where the spare tire is located. They were bouncing around causing a noise. I wrapped them up in a towel and problem solved. You may also want to look in this aarea as the spare tire may not be snugged down or the metal bar in this area could be loose .

A little white lithium grease on the rear door latches and the rear hatch latch fixed my 'squeaks'. I think that just about any SUV developes a squeak or rattle or two over time, particularly in the rear hatch area. Also, the seat belt buckle hits the midpost and makes noise when no one is in the seat and I have to reach over and invert it to stop this particular noise, but this is rather obvious and probably not the 'rattle' others are referencing here.

• 1 month later...

I found two TSBs for noises. I got the sunroof one done. No more noises. See attached.

NV004_07.pdf

NV008_06.pdf

• 6 months later...

Simple fix for a Rear Hatch Rattle

We have a 2007 RX350 with about 10K miles on the ODO. Recently the car developed a very annoying and persistent loud rattle in the back. I took everything out of the cargo area, adjusted the rear seats, added a weather strip shim to the tray holding the spare, added more weather strip to areas where the spare contacts the bottom of the vehicle all to no avail. Then I went on a short test drive with the hatch up and the rattle was gone.

At about the end of my patience I just happened to notice that one of the automatic retract knobs for the luggage cover was in the "active position" while the other side was in the "inactive position". Since we had the luggage cover stowed below in the auxiliary box, both knobs should have been in the "inactive position". I set both knobs to the "inactive position" and went on a test drive. That simple fix completely solved the hatch rattle problem.

Section 3-6/Pages 260-261 of the 2007 RX 350 Owner's Manual show a picture of the hatch area and the two knob positions. I suggest that Lexus add a cautionary note to the effect that when the luggage cover is removed, the owner should verify that the two knobs are in the "inactive position" to avoid an annoying hatch rattle.

• 2 months later...

I have an '07 RX 350 which developed a rattle in what seemed like the right rear of the cargo bay. When in for the next service visit I mentioned it to my rep and he said there was a service bulletin for this issue and would be covered under warranty. They replaced a "panel" and the noise went away. It was only when on rough pavement or hitting a speed bump or driveway. I happily report no other noises (of course except the "roar" with all the glass down and doing 140MPH). :lol:

• 1 year later...