How To Turn Off Tire Pressure Monitor In Is350?

IS350MD

I'm about to buy a winter tire/rim setup but would like to avoid the tire pressure monitor cost. Anyone know how to turn off the system in an 07 IS350? I've seen a vague description, but some step by step directions would be helpful.

thanks in advance.

I'm about to buy a winter tire/rim setup but would like to avoid the tire pressure monitor cost. Anyone know how to turn off the system in an 07 IS350? I've seen a vague description, but some step by step directions would be helpful.

thanks in advance.

anyone?

dealer says no way to do it. confirmed on other posts.

thanks in advance.

anyone?

Hi,

I've been researching this for 2 months now and unfortunately there appears to be no way to turn off

the system. My dealer wanted almost $200 per sensor. You can buy the sensors from lexus-parts.com

for $88 a piece. I was just lucky enough to hunt down 3 sensors on Ebay for $40/each.

Michael

'06 GS430

options

i have heard that there is a shut off sequence but i don't know what it is and some have said it does not work for them,

OR

You can remove the sensors and install them in a wheelbarrow tire and pressureize it with them inside the tire and place it in the trunk to shut the alarm off.

OR

OR buy new sensors and install them

• 7 months later...

thanks in advance.

anyone?

Hi,

I've been researching this for 2 months now and unfortunately there appears to be no way to turn off

the system. My dealer wanted almost $200 per sensor. You can buy the sensors from lexus-parts.com

for $88 a piece. I was just lucky enough to hunt down 3 sensors on Ebay for $40/each.

Michael

'06 GS430

i also have the same problem on my IS 250... i got the wheels included on the package (signature edition claus ettensberger 19") dealers says that TPMS is not working coz of the customized wheels.... but when i try putting the same tire pressure on all the tires... low tire indicator dissapear on the consul.... last saturday i went to the dealer for them to check the front right tire coz im always loosing pressure and need to add air everyweek. when they check the wheel/tire they found out that wheel was damage and told me thats the reason for loosing pressure. question is.... can i visit any wheel/tire shop to check my tire without damaging the TPMS or does lexus have special equiptment to check it? can you tell me how and where does the TPMS connected on the tire?... so many question... sorry...

• 2 weeks later...

thanks in advance.

anyone?

Hi,

Michael

'06 GS430

i also have the same problem on my IS 250... i got the wheels included on the package (signature edition claus ettensberger 19") dealers says that TPMS is not working coz of the customized wheels.... but when i try putting the same tire pressure on all the tires... low tire indicator dissapear on the consul.... last saturday i went to the dealer for them to check the front right tire coz im always loosing pressure and need to add air everyweek. when they check the wheel/tire they found out that wheel was damage and told me thats the reason for loosing pressure. question is.... can i visit any wheel/tire shop to check my tire without damaging the TPMS or does lexus have special equiptment to check it? can you tell me how and where does the TPMS connected on the tire?... so many question... sorry...

we use the scan tool to check the sensors, with it we can determine the failure... your sensors hould be working in a lexus wheel, or anywheel they fit on...

beware of ebay sensors..

alot of them are either the wrong ones, or junk warranty returns somebody dug out of a dumpster at a dealer.. I've caught dozens of people in our dumpsters....

also they change part # almost every year to year,,

trust me nobody hates these *BLEEP*s more than us techs.... they are a real pain with a cold weather climate cause of the pressure differences with the tempatures...