Gps Dvd Upgrade - Reasonable Price

LC6529

DO NOT POST YOUR EMAIL LOOKING FOR COUNTERFEIT DVD DISKS FROM TONY OR STEPH . ANYONE POSTING OR PM'ING FOR A BOOTLEG DISK WILL BE BANNED AND THE POST AND PM'S DELETED !

THANK YOU

SKperformance.......

Car: SC 430, 20K miles.

(This will lead into the DVD)

I was having slow starting problems over the weekend and yesterday the car would not turn over at all.

So I charged it overnight and went to the local Parts store to get a battery and found that you MUST go to

Lexus.

So, I went to the Lexus dealer and found that the SC430 takes a special battery due to the top mechanism.

The bill was $225 which included a "free" wash and wax polish plus a bottle of touch up paint.

While I was there, I asked about a GPS update and was told it would be $325 including "installation". Does that seem reasonable

G

Edited by SKperformance

• 1 month later...

I don't think it's reasonable at all...

Think of it like Windows... You pay for it once, then all of the updates are

frequent and free. That's how it should be.

Then again, we should be able to go down to Sears and buy ourselves a new battery!

Personally, I think they're !Removed! us good.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I was having slow starting problems over the weekend and yesterday the car would not turn over at all.

So I charged it overnight and went to the local Parts store to get a battery and found that you MUST go to

Lexus.

So, I went to the Lexus dealer and found that the SC430 takes a special battery due to the top mechanism.

The bill was $225 which included a "free" wash and wax polish plus a bottle of touch up paint.

While I was there, I asked about a GPS update and was told it would be $325 including "installation". Does that seem reasonable?

I just replaced my battery too and bought an interstate battery that matches the Lexus one and it cost $139.

It took 5 minutes to replace it. Lexus told me thats the battery they now use to replace the Lexus battery because they have had problems with it.

Look on e-bay for a gps update but make sure it's the right one.

theazz

• 5 months later...

Lexus.

While I was there, I asked about a GPS update and was told it would be $325 including "installation". Does that seem reasonable?

I recently had a battery issue and similar to other posts called the local Lexus dealer and was quote over $200 for a replacement battery. After a simple search and a couple calls I found a Fletchers Tire and Auto in Phoenix who carried an Interstate replacement. Price out the door was $79 with an 84 month prorated warranty. great deal compared to dealer prices. I too am still searching for a reasonable price for the DVD navigation for my 2004 SC. any ideas?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Lexus.

You do not have to got to lexus for a battery "too expensive" they get their batteries from interstate it's the exact battery, takes 5 minutes to put it in and about $100 chaeaper. The DVD upgrade are a ripoff but you kind of stuck with Lexus if you want one.

theazz

• 3 weeks later...

Version 7.1 in Gen 3 isn't any different to me , but the maps and poi's are much improved, new roads and hotels that weren't in the previous.

Version 7.1 in Gen 5 has eliminated the "I agree" screen and the maps and poi's are much improved, new roads and hotels that weren't in the previous.

'my two cents'

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I have a 2001 LX470. I think the GPS was never updated. It takes me places (most of the time...) but I am directionaly challanged, so I need to update it. I was looking on eBay and found a disk for $59.99 with the description:

DVD NAVIGATION MAP

NORTH AMERICA

86271-33032

464210-0371 DVD ROM

DATA ver.03.1

TOYOTA MOTOR CORPORATION

2003 Denso corporation

CAUTION: for the user of "DATA 2000 ver.1"

I have no idea if it's compatible with my system or even if it's current. The seller said it was the "latest" for my car. Maybe it meant: the latest (s)he had for sale. Could you please help, recommend where/how to get a reasonably priced upgrade? I already bought a key from them but did not pay it, in case I will also purchase the CD. Could you please respond so I could finish that transaction?

I appreciate your help. Thanks.

misty120odi@yahoo.com

• 3 weeks later...
I have these copies available for those seeking updates

The part numbers are as follows for V6.1:

00110-DVD06-CY GEN 3

00110-DVD06-GEN5 GEN 5

Contact me via PM for more info.

Hi. I just purchased a 2002 SC430 and I love love love my hot red baby! Only problem is the GPS is so outdated that I cannot set up my "home" feature because it doesn't recognize my address. Bummer. Then when I spoke to my local Lexus dealer, they wanted $325 for an update. Seemed to be so high especially after being told that the update still may be incomplete. Does anyone have any updates that I could buy? I live in the Memphis area. Thanks!

• 1 month later...

I keep an eye out (on the web and ebay) for cheap DVD's - anything more recent than 20002! - and I have never seen anything. Does anyone have a source?

I keep an eye out (on the web and ebay) for cheap DVD's - anything more recent than 20002! - and I have never seen anything. Does anyone have a source?

I'm interested too for a 2004 SC430... Please email me at bwpugh@comcast.net

BE CAREFUL buying a GPS upgrade on ebay and other similar sites.... I bought what was supposed to be the new gen disc for my '02; it looked identical to the one at the dealer, loaded fine, and turned out to be exactly the same as the '02 version that came with my car! $99- later, I still don't have an upgrade !! :censored:

I'm interested in the gen 3, I have a 2002 sc430, will this work for my vehicle? Thanks in advance, JP

I have the latest 7.1 DVD navigation disc for Generation 2 and Generation 3 Lexus navigation. Please private message me or send me an email if you're interested. I test all my discs before shipping and offer a refund/exchange should there ever be a problem.

I have the latest 7.1 DVD navigation disc for Generation 4 Lexus navigation. Please private message me or send me an email if you're interested. I test all my discs before shipping and offer a refund/exchange should there ever be a problem.

Here is a thread listing which Lexus car is which Generation navigation:

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...c=45706&hl=

I have these copies available for those seeking updatesThe part numbers are as follows for V6.1:00110-DVD06-CY GEN 3 00110-DVD06-GEN5 GEN 5 Contact me via PM for more info.
I'm interested in the gen 3, I have a 2002 sc430, will this work for my vehicle? Thanks in advance, JP
I have the latest dvd navigation disc (7.1) for the generation 2 and generation 3 Lexus navigation.  Please private message me or send me an email if you're interested.I may also get some later for the Generation 4 units as well.  Let me know if you have any questions.

I have a 2005 RX and was told that is a Gen 4 Nav. System. I am looking for an upgrade to include Hawaii. Would your Gen. 4 units include Hawaii? And what is the procedure in installing a upgrade? Can I do it or must I take it to the dealer? Any information would be appreciated You can e mail me at ssfsoap@aol.com

Thanks

Les

I have a 2005 RX and was told that is a Gen 4 Nav. System. I am looking for an upgrade to include Hawaii. Would your Gen. 4 units include Hawaii? And what is the procedure in installing a upgrade? Can I do it or must I take it to the dealer? Any information would be appreciated You can e mail me at ssfsoap@aol.com

Thanks

Les

Hi Les,

Yes, you are correct and have a Generation 4 navigation unit. The upgrade procedure if very simple and basically consists of removing the old DVD and installing the new DVD, and then waiting as it updates the software on the navigation unit.

Unfortunately, the only disc to contain Hawaii information is the Generation 5 7.1 navigation disc and hard drive based navigation units.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Lexus.

next time check around at more auto parts stores when i replaced my battery bumper to bumper ordered me one for about 100 $ got here the next day they do not stock out batterys

• 1 month later...

I recently bought a 2004 SC430 with 13K miles........ white on ecru? I am beginning to experience bettery problems when I let it sit for a few days/week or more....... so I started looking for a replacement battery. There were two Interstate batteries I found, one like u found. However the salesman said they could not exchange it because the car required to be charged during the swap and they couldn't do that. The closest Toyato dealer couldn't find what battery it requires...... DUH. My question is how did u get the new battery exchanged without loosing data in the car??

Secondly, I am looking at replacing the run flat tires with pneumatic ones...... I saw the Michelin mentioned here and also found some Bridgestone Potenza sp? Pole AS tires that I like. I expect four of these will cost a bit over $1000....... ah the price of luxury......

Can any good battery place exchange my battery?

What all season tires does anyone recommend?

thanks

Dennis ORourke

Nevada, MO

Lexus.

I recently had a battery issue and similar to other posts called the local Lexus dealer and was quote over $200 for a replacement battery. After a simple search and a couple calls I found a Fletchers Tire and Auto in Phoenix who carried an Interstate replacement. Price out the door was $79 with an 84 month prorated warranty. great deal compared to dealer prices. I too am still searching for a reasonable price for the DVD navigation for my 2004 SC. any ideas?

• 4 months later...
I just got a 2002 LS430. The GPS maps are pitiful. Ho do you know what the correct software to get is and how do I go about updating the maps??

You need to check to make sure you get the correct generation dvd. Your 2002 LS430 can use a generation 2/3 dvd. Don't expect too many changes though from the overall format. Just new map data and some better routing algorithms.

Thanks Step Hen.

I don't mind the formatt too much it is just that currently the GPS doesn't show any of the streets in the area I live. And this isn't a very new community. It also dosn'r seem to be able to find very many of the addresses I tyr to input. Do you think the newer versions would help with these problems?

I also have a Garmin350 GPS - it seems to always find the addresses I'm looking for so I'm hoping that update the Lexus nav would provide the same results.

Is the best place to get the update at a dealer? Or are there other good vendors that would cost less?

I would recommend checking out ebay (make sure it's an original OEM disc), or Sewell Lexus usually has the best dealer prices around.

http://www.sewellpartsonline.com/parts_det...90141&all=Y

There are a lot of improvements and updates with each year's update, so I would be confident that in 6 years time, they will have added the area around you. You may want to see if you can find the denso (disc manufacturer) website to see if you can check which areas are covered.

• 2 months later...
thanks again. You have been a great help.

Careful on updates. Have had reports and talked with my service rep. and the consensus is that after updating, you cannot override the GPS. Meaning you can't change the destination while driving... Still play with the radio, and climate control, but not the GPS??? Kind of crazy.

Thanks

Les

Hi Les,

Yes, you are correct and have a Generation 4 navigation unit. The upgrade procedure if very simple and basically consists of removing the old DVD and installing the new DVD, and then waiting as it updates the software on the navigation unit.

Unfortunately, the only disc to contain Hawaii information is the Generation 5 7.1 navigation disc and hard drive based navigation units.

I have a 2004 Rx 330. I was told at the Dealership that if I buy a dvd on ebay or something, there's no way to tell on the disc if it's the correct one for my car. And they said if I got the wrong one, it might crash the hard drive. Is this correct? If not, what's the latest version that would work for my car?