Power Mirror Problems 93 Sc 300

uonno

Hi Guys, do you all know if there is a known problem with the power mirrors in the SC series. I have a 93. Both of my side view mirrors stopped working. I don’t even know when. I can’t seem to locate the correct fuse for the mirrors.

Any help on this would be appreciated.

Hi Guys, do you all know if there is a known problem with the power mirrors in the SC series. I have a 93. Both of my side view mirrors stopped working. I don’t even know when. I can’t seem to locate the correct fuse for the mirrors.

Factory manual for a '00 SC says check RADIO No.2 Fuse on Junction Block No.1 and DOME Fuse on Relay Block No.2

Factory manual for a '00 SC says check RADIO No.2 Fuse on Junction Block No.1 and DOME Fuse on Relay Block No.2

Hi Mate, same thing here, no bad fuses or anything, checked all that. I bought a replacement for that switch which includes also the window controls and everything else on that pad...it hasnt arrived yet, but will let you know if it fixed the problem when it finally gets here and I install it...now its my radio messing up..

• 2 years later...

Hello,

This is my first pose here and i'd like to say hi to all the happy lexus owner's here!

I just became a happy lexus sc400 owner as well.

But the car I bought also has the both broken side view mirrors problem.

I checked the switch for that in the door and seemd fine to my eye's (i opend it...).

Does annyboddy know where to find the module that controles the mirrors, so I can check if it gets propper power etc...

I have found the schematics, but I just can't fine the module.

Thanks a lot,

erik

The power mirror ecu is the likely culprit. I'm trying to attach a photo I found online. I found mine on ebay. Here's a link to someone selling it.

http://www.alpineautopart.com/servlet/the-...-Mirrors/Detail

I know nothing about the merchant.

I believe you need to remove the dash to gain access. That's why I've yet to actually change mine. You can reach it and it's harness from below (that's how I was able to test the replacement) but not the screws that hold it. With your head on the floor near the brake pedal & looking up, the module is to the left of the steering column. If I remember it all correctly.

There should be a thread here somewhere.

post-2377-1246925200_thumb.jpg

The power mirror ecu is the likely culprit. I'm trying to attach a photo I found online. I found mine on ebay. Here's a link to someone selling it.

http://www.alpineautopart.com/servlet/the-...-Mirrors/Detail

I know nothing about the merchant.

I believe you need to remove the dash to gain access. That's why I've yet to actually change mine. You can reach it and it's harness from below (that's how I was able to test the replacement) but not the screws that hold it. With your head on the floor near the brake pedal & looking up, the module is to the left of the steering column. If I remember it all correctly.

There should be a thread here somewhere.

Thanks a lot Smartazz,

If it stops raining today long enough, I'll take a look. With the schemacits I can check the harness wires. I'll try to take the module out if broken to open it if the harness is ok.

If I find something I'll keep you updated...

I have been able to take out the controller module WITHOUT removing the dashboard (just the speedo guard ect). And yes, that whas not fun at all. Verry painfull actually!!! Took me 45 min to undo that top screw...

The module gets proper power supply. I open the module but diddn't see anny fould. I tested a few simple things like diodes, but all fine as far as I can find...

I do think it's the module that is broken. I'll try to get hold for a new one and will see

Greetings, Erik

My power mirrors don't work along with my Dome light. Sounds to me like this could be the culprit. I'll buy a fuse and have a looksy. :-)

• 1 month later...