Ecm Calibration

I just heard about the TC005-03R ECM calibration. I'm going on a 6000 mile trip in a couple weeks. I have an appointment at my Lexus dealer for a tire rotation/balance and oil change in a couple days. They are also willing to do the new (for me anyway) ECM calibration. I'm wondering if I should let them do it or not. I've put 15000 on my car and have learned to live with the transmission the way it is now.

I can't help but wonder if there are a multitude of reasons I should go ahead and let them do the calibration?

Has anyone had this done and been unhappy with the outcome? I do know that the "transmission memory"

gets reset to a learning mode initially. My car is a 05 AWD RX330.

Thanks in advance.

:unsure:

I hear almost all good things. when i did it to my car, the rep was very thorough in explaining to me what the car will feel like. It will shift much quicker and from personal experience, the hesitation is still there. i guess the only bad part is that its unreversible.

• 1 year later...

Hi,

Very good question.Let me tel you my story.

I brough my Lexus 2002 es300 to a local Toyota dealer since we do not have a Lexus close. They told me that have to calibrate the transmission. Big mistake. The transmission is ECT, computer controlled and it is take about 200-300 miles to get adjust to you driving habits. But when they calibrated now car working horable. to high RPMs, the transsmision switching gears even when iam drivng 40-50 miles lower the gear. Feels like when you riding a horse it trips and going to fell off. I do little resarch and comes to conlcusion that it is matter when they pre-program the computer what mode they will do: eco, power and sport.

" ECT-i (Electronically Controlled Transmission with Intelligence)

The Lexus ECT-i transmission system automatically shifts gear in response to vehicle speed and acceleration, and even adjusts to match your driving style.

With ECT-i you no longer need to shift gears constantly, easing the stress of stop-start traffic in the city and on winding country roads.

On Lexus ECT-i the gears are controlled by a torque converter that replaces the clutch. It simultaneously connects and disconnects the engine from the drive wheels whilst selecting the appropriate gears to match the speed of the car.

ECT-i is even capable of learning from and adjusting to different driving styles. "

So may be this guys do not know how to do it becouse the lexus guy was very supprise that they can doing here in Sparks Toyota Myrtle Beach,SC.

May be this time wehen the computer learn you driving style i did something wrong, but iam very unhappy.

Martin