Shifter Stuck In Park

you need to bring it into the mechanic asap. the override is only a temporary solution and may also fail and then you'll be permanently stuck.

i remember reading somewhere of someone with this problem getting diagnosed for a some sort of shift interlock linkage that needed replacement. i can't find the post at the moment....

Look through your fuses. I have had this problem before with another car of mine. There is a fuse that controls the neutral safety switch. If that fuse if broken you will not be able to shift out of park. If there is still a problem after that, then the neutral safety switch might be bad.

you know I also have a post about my center console acting up.....I think these 2 issues may be related???

you should definitely take a look at the fuses. there are times that a single fuse can control more than one operation. this could mean that the same fuse that is keeping your car from shifting is causing the problem with the center console

i've seen this problem with many cars and a lot of the times the solenoid that works the shift lock on the gearshift. the main killer i've seen over the years is spilled drinks of one type or another. causes the plunger on the solenoid to stick. i've been able to clean a few.