The Highest Mileage Gs400 Out There?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

My 1994 GS300 has 151,000 miles on it and going strong. Usual maintenance issues. No major repairs. Use regular gas most of time with special liquid reformulator which cleans engine and burns clean. Also use MobilOne, 10-30, and change oil every 8,000 miles. Getting 23 mpg. I get junk mail from local Lexus dealer here in So Calif wanting me to buy newer model, but why buy a new one when this thing rides like a small boat, is safe, reliable and still looks new?

• 5 weeks later...

Just out of curiosity, how many of you with >100,000K on your GS400 had followed exact maintainance schedule as the Lexus manual & had your timing belt changed? My '98 would probably qualify for the lowest mileage but intend to keep it for the reliability.

This past summer I had a friend who drives a MB (5-series I believe) visited from Canada & he kept commenting on how quiet the Lexus is c/w his MB. I didn't even bother to brag about it's reliability. A colleague who bought a BMW 745 the same time I got the GS & that thing had been nothing but problem (averaging twice a year) for him with the car @ times being kept days in the dealership waiting for parts from Germany.

PF

• 4 months later...

98 GS400 with 212k. I think I saw one post with higher miles but that was for a 93. Girl that had the care before me drove the daylights out of it but it still runs GREAT. I have completed basic maint since purchasing( including the timing belt only because I could not validate last completion). Most people that have beenin the car assume it is much newer. Great cars that should bring us many years of enjoyment.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...