Sc430 Tool Kit

SC NUT

I bought a used 2002 SC - - and there seems to be a tool missing from the molded in kit. It is the second slot from the left - right next to the lug wrench Looks like it should be a straight tool about 8 inches long. Could someone please look in their trunk and tell me what i'm missing? Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

flashlight more than likely

Thanks - - -Doesn't seem likely though - - the space is pretty skinny.

?? Could someone with a SC430 take a peek in their trunk. Thanks.

You got me thinking so I took a peek at my '92.... and the slot is empty in mine as well. Next time I'm at Lexus I'll sneak a peek into a new one to see what's there. B)

You got me thinking so I took a peek at my '92.... and the slot is empty in mine as well. Next time I'm at Lexus I'll sneak a peek into a new one to see what's there. B)

Thanks - - it sure does make me curious.

Do the tools look the same , i was not mentioning the casing as it is LS 400/430 specific.

The contents of the tool kit are pretty much the exact same across the board even my 94 ES has the same tools just less the flashlight.

What tools do you have ?

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks - - it sure does make me curious.

Finally got back to the Lexus dealer and looked into three new SC430s and ... they all had an open slot there and no one could tell me what goes there. Fortunately I was there to get a few moulding clips and I mentioned the quandry to the person behind the counter who simply looked it up on their parts DVD.

And the answer is ===> IF you do not have run-flat tires and have a spare in the trunk, that slot holds an air pressure gauge! :lol:

post-28053-1157586145_thumb.jpgpost-28053-1157586207_thumb.jpg

Thanks - - but I do have run flat tires and I do have an air pressute gauge in the smaller tool kit. You can see it in the attached pics. What I am wondering about is the blank space between the lug wrench and the blue part of the jack crank handle in the close-up shot.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, Re: Moulded tool case.....Nothing goes into that space.....I know which one you mean....Look at a sc in show room at dealer... You can store 4 Cuban cigars nicely. Enjoy the sc...Eddie in San Diego.

Thanks Eddie - - I think this answers this question. Anybody have any thoughts on my question about rollover safety??????

• 2 months later...

I thought it would be the tire gauge. But according to page 243 of the owners manual, the tire gauge is in the Tool Bag. I am going to see if a have a tire gauge and if I do, I am going to see if it fits into the molded plastic in the slot you are talking about. If it doesn't fit, I am at a loss. I checked with Lexus parts, and they don't know.