Weird Radio Problem

ok, first off if this is an old topic I am sorry as i tried searching and found similar problems however they werent the problem that i have, also i tried to use thier fixes and nothing happend.

I was driving my 96 ES300 and when i pulled into my driveway my radio just cut out. Shut off the car and started it back up and the entire deck had no power to it. No radio, CD or tape. Also the back lights were not lighting either. Went to check the CD changer in the trunk and no power to that either, wont eject magazine. So I am currently not getting any power to the radio deck, the cd and obviously the antenna. Checked the 2 fuses for the radio and they were fine, the one under the steering and the one in the engine bay. I have no idea what to do. Any advise would help. I also just put it up for sale and now this! :angry: I am thinking its the wires, but I really dont know and I dont want to start taking things apart for no reason. Thank You.

I would go back and check all the fuses. My 02 has three fuses inside alone that contribute to the radio.

Since a component other than the audio is possibly involved, I would check all fuses.

steviej

I would go back and check all the fuses. My 02 has three fuses inside alone that contribute to the radio.

Since a component other than the audio is possibly involved, I would check all fuses.

steviej

Question: Is the CD changer's power supplied through the stereo deck? Or does power go directly to the Changer? Thanks. P.S. I rechecked all fuses and relays and found nothing. I am going to try a new head unit and hope for the best.

• 2 months later...

in my 93 es the same thing happened.....what i did was get another power source and connect it to the power in the back of my radio....apparently the fuse(that i can't find) that blew is the same fuse for the amp too.....so either try to find the correct fuse or jump a wire from the fuse box to the radio

• 1 month later...