Secret Menus And Nav Hacks.

COZ

I did a cut and paste from another string. This worked for me, I have the 2006 IS250AWD.

Good Luck!

Here is an example to turn off the seat belt warning:

1. turn the key to the ON position (press Start 2 times), foot off the brake

2. cycle the odometer with the trip reset button until the ODO is displayed (not trip A or B )

3. turn the ignition to the LOCK (OFF) position

4. unbuckle the driver's seatbelt if it was buckled.

5. turn the key to the ON position (Press Start 2 times). when the dash lights have come on, press and hold the trip reset button and count a slow 12 seconds. (editor's note, hold it more like 30 sec)

6. while still holding the trip reset button, buckle the driver's side seatbelt.

7. the odometer display should read "b ON" or "b OFF". toggle the beep OFF with the trip reset.

8. the process should be completed when you unbuckle or turn the key off

• 2 months later...

Here is a guide to help you figure out what Generation Nav you have, I do not have the Toyota info. Check the DVD version on your car to see what DVD version you have.

Gen 2 and 3 DVD based, 5.1 update disc P/N 00230-GEN23CY-05

GX470................2003-2004

Gen 4 DVD based, 5.1 update disc P/N 00230-GEN4S-CY05 , Numbers on the DVD are: 86271-33045 & 464210-0660

GX470.................2005-2006

Gen 5 DVD based

IS250/350 ..........2006

I have a 2007 GX470 and the Nav hack does not work. Is there an updated hack that works?

Thanks.

I got my 330 nav system locked out after an oil change, dunno what happened but it wants a different disc LoL. I'm gonna haul it back to the dealer and make them fix it.

But my contribution to the hacks thread would be this:

On "Need Different Disc" screen:

Tap top right, bottom right, then top right again. Car makes a "Cha-thunk" noise from the back. Not determined what yet, pretty sure not the DVD reader cause it comes from other side of cargo area.

Also on "Need Different Disc" screen:

Tap top left, middle center left, and left bottom. Screen turns off and turns back on. Not sure for what purpose.

• 8 months later...
For those that don't know how the GPS override is done. This works for Gen 3 version 3.1

1. With car on, in PARK or fully stopped, press MENU.

2. Press DVD (upper right corner)

3. There are hidden buttons on this screen. Use the fat part of you index finger not the tip for best results. In order press

a. Upper Left Corner

b. Lower Left Corner

c. Upper Left Corner

d. Lower Left Corner

e. Lower Right Corner

4. You should now see a screen with 2 columns of 4 buttons. Locate the GPS button

5. Press and hold for 5 seconds. It will beep one and then turn green

6. Press the BACK button in upper right hand corner

7. Now you can use all the NAV functions while in motion. When you turn the car off the NAV will reset to normal and you will have to do this procedure again when you restart the car.

Coz,

Do you have any suggestions on the best way to obtain the latest Nav data disk..?? I currently have 2004 RX330 with version 3.1 disk installed...

Thanks for any suggestion you can offer..

For Gen 4, version 4.2:

1. With car on, in PARK or fully stopped, press MENU.

2. Goto the menu that controls volume functions

3. There are hidden buttons on this screen. Use the fat part of you index finger not the tip for best results. In order press

a. Upper Left Corner

b. Lower Left Corner

c. Upper Left Corner

d. Lower Left Corner

4. You should now see a screen with 2 columns of 4 buttons. Locate the GPS button

5. Press and hold for 5 seconds. It will beep one and then turn green

6. Press the BACK button in upper right hand corner

7. Now you can use all the NAV functions while in motion. When you turn the car off the NAV will reset to normal and you will have to do this procedure again when you restart the car.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Hey guys,

A question from Oz about the diagnostic menu - does anyone know about the Bluetooth Voice Quality setting page does?

Specifically, the "Voice Quality Type" number? I assume (dangerous I know) that the Receive Voice/Send voice levels are simply volume adjustments, but it's the voice quality that I'm curious about.

The voice quality on mine is, well, pretty ordinary at the best of times.

Cheers, Dave

• 2 months later...

Great post!

OK, I have a non-NAV '04 RX330. If I leave the climate control at LO temp setting, the recirc always turns on when I start the car. Very annoying, especially on days when I don't need to run A/C and don't realize what happened until the air inside starts getting very stuffy.

I'm sure that there's a hack to turn this feature off. Any help?

• 1 month later...

I don't see this topic here, so I'll post and hope someone has answers or ideas.

I foolishly :( upgraded my 2005 RX330 (Gen 2) nav DVD at my local dealer for the bargain price of $265 + labor for a grand total of $327.50 before checking these Forums. I was unhappy afterwards because nav was non-functional since they hadn't completely closed the DVD compartment door. After returning to dealer to get this done & regain functionality, I became more dissatisfied when discovering the override functionality gone.

Is the override really gone in the 07 Nav Disc Update G which I received? Is there really no override/hack other than the hybrid DVDs mentioned in another thread (I'm sure I don't have the previous DVD that my car was loaded with at delivery in late 2005)? Does anyone know of an after-market solution for this; I would happily buy one after-market.

I've already registered at www.lexusoverride.com. My next thought is to return to the dealer and pay them $327.50 to reinstall the previous nav DVD.

Thanks for thoughts on this.

• 5 weeks later...
yeah...get into that diagnostic menu...and then click on check camera or something while the engine is on

I tired this. Went into Diagnostic Menu but the Check Camera is disabled. Dont know why, but tried a lot of things touching various parts of screen, applying light to high pressure but no response.

Guess in the 2008 version they disabled it!

• 1 month later...

We just bought our first Lexus yesterday

2002 rx300 2wd, 69k, very clean, leather, sunroof, heated seats,nav "sort of"

The nav doesn't work yet.

We picked the car up Friday, drove it over the weekend and purchased it Monday Nov the 10th

The nav system display showed no disc from day 1.

The dealer said they checked it and there was no disc present when the original owner left the vehicle on the lot. So I did a little research and found out what the most current software version of the disc would be.

Then I had the dealer order one monday.

Today I got a message saying that the new oem lexus gen 2-3 compatible ver 8.1 map disc had arrived. My wife took the car over there on her lunch break the guy at the lot told her that it would not go in so he pushed the eject button and out comes the original disc. I think possibly he did not have the key turned on when he originally tried to eject the disc so he thought there was nothing in there. The guy is a friend so I cant really be mad about a simple mistake I could have made my self. According to my wife the system will not recognize either disc. WTF?

I don't know what version was originally inside the unit as my wife was in a hurry to get back to work and could not be bothered over the phone, but I'm getting the feeling from what I've been reading today that if it was a much older version that I cannot directly upgrade to v8.1. even if there are some tricks I can try to get the system to recognize either disc. :(

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...
lol what is with all of these secret menus...

A great thing about that secret menu with all the diagnostic stuff is that you can turn on the backup camera while your driving, makes you kind of dizzy but its always fun to see on the freeway

The name of the movie was "speed" I think. good movie

With this secret menu you can see any fault codes, test all the panel buttons, turn on the rear camera and look at Nav data. I'll post some pics in a few days. But, for those of you that can’t wait to try it I'll describe it. *NOTE* This will lock you out of the radio controls. Attempt at your own risk!

I have a 2004, 3rd gen NAV running version 3.1. There is an easier way to get there then how I will describe it below but this is the easiest way to describe it. Here is how to get to the secret menu:

- Press INFO button and then "Trip Information" (This is to bring up a background to give a reference for where the hidden buttons are. Once you know where they are you can delete this step)

post-20254-1156650241_thumb.jpg

- Press DISPLAY button

post-20254-1156650344_thumb.jpg

- The hidden buttons are the A in "After Refueling” and the C in "Cruising Ranging." Press A and C in the following pattern. A,C,A,C,A,C. (That should be it, but just keep going until the menu pops up)

post-20254-1156650259_thumb.jpg

- The Service Menu should appear. The only thing I wouldn’t mess with is the Memory Copy and paste stuff.

post-20254-1156650397_thumb.jpg

- While in this menu you can also monitor trouble codes. Once the system has done a self check all the buttons at the bottom of the screen will turn blue indicating that you can select that option. To check all active trouble codes select LAN Monitor in the lower left corner. The screen should appear.

post-20254-1156650417_thumb.jpg

To see the trouble codes push the CHEK button next to the system that has a CHEK button availble. If the are no faults/codes them the button will say "no err" and you wil not be able to select it.

- To get out of the menu press and hold DISPLAY button for 4-5 Seconds. Normal screens should appear and the radio controls are released. If that fails turn off the car and restart.

Does this really work, I tried on my RX 330 of 2004 and nothing happened. How many times do you have to go AC AC AC ? Please help

• 2 weeks later...
With this secret menu you can see any fault codes, test all the panel buttons, turn on the rear camera and look at Nav data. I'll post some pics in a few days. But, for those of you that can’t wait to try it I'll describe it. *NOTE* This will lock you out of the radio controls. Attempt at your own risk!

I have a 2004, 3rd gen NAV running version 3.1. There is an easier way to get there then how I will describe it below but this is the easiest way to describe it. Here is how to get to the secret menu:

- Press INFO button and then "Trip Information" (This is to bring up a background to give a reference for where the hidden buttons are. Once you know where they are you can delete this step)

- Press DISPLAY button

- The hidden buttons are the A in "After Refueling” and the C in "Cruising Ranging." Press A and C in the following pattern. A,C,A,C,A,C. (That should be it, but just keep going until the menu pops up)

- The Service Menu should appear. The only thing I wouldn’t mess with is the Memory Copy and paste stuff.

- While in this menu you can also monitor trouble codes. Once the system has done a self check all the buttons at the bottom of the screen will turn blue indicating that you can select that option. To check all active trouble codes select LAN Monitor in the lower left corner. The screen should appear.

To see the trouble codes push the CHEK button next to the system that has a CHEK button availble. If the are no faults/codes them the button will say "no err" and you wil not be able to select it.

- To get out of the menu press and hold DISPLAY button for 4-5 Seconds. Normal screens should appear and the radio controls are released. If that fails turn off the car and restart.

Does this really work, I tried on my RX 330 of 2004 and nothing happened. How many times do you have to go AC AC AC ? Please help

would someone please tell me how to change my cruise information from mile to km and fehrenheit to celcius?for my

lexus RX300 2001.

how to get the secret menu?

thank you guys

• 4 weeks later...
would someone please tell me how to change my cruise information from mile to km and fehrenheit to celcius?for my

lexus RX300 2001.

thank you guys

I know how to change

miles to km/h

km/h to miles

F to C

C to F

RX300

RX330

RX350

PM or Details

Gregor001 B)

lol what is with all of these secret menus...

A great thing about that secret menu with all the diagnostic stuff is that you can turn on the backup camera while your driving, makes you kind of dizzy but its always fun to see on the freeway

The name of the movie was "speed" I think. good movie

LMAO.....

HAHAHHAHAHAHA

• 8 months later...

- Press DISPLAY button

Is there any way to get this to work on a Gen 4?

• 1 month later...

lexus RX300 2001.

thank you guys

I know how to change

miles to km/h

km/h to miles

F to C

C to F

RX300

RX330

RX350

PM or Details

Gregor001 B)

Do you mean you can switch the info from L/100kms to MPG? If so, could you post the hack to do this?

I have a 2004 RX330

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

Hi I have now accessed the hidden menus, can you help with the following.

1. Set Nav system to work whilst in Transit

2. Have camera on whilst driving forward.

Many thanks

Jay

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi Everyone and many thanks for all the ideas. I have tried accessing the LAN monitor through this and arrive at a series of (presumably) fault codes in the format 01-D6-E9-2 and 01-E3-50-5 and 01-E1-119-93-4 and so on. There are 9 of them. Can anyone help. These do not seem to coorrespond with normal DTC codes.

Any ideas anyone

Many Thanks

Trevor