Removing Bad Touch Up Paint Job

I recently purchased a 04 flint mica RX330. The previous owner had a few teeeeeny tiny chips on the hood and bumper and decided to use factory touch up paint on them. Unfortunately, he didn't apply it right at all. Instead of touching up a tiny speck of each ding, the car now has pea sized paint spots where he tried to touch up the car. The overall paint and clearcoat on the car is flawless except now I have about 15 dots that are very noticible when the sun shines down on the hood and bumper. What can I do? Wet Sand? Can this be buffed out without leaving a shadow from the touch-up paint? I'm clueless on how to move forward. I went to the local paint/body shop here in Tampa (a good one) and they said most likely a new paint job would be required estimated $1200. Yikes. I hate these little spots but come on $1200! There has to be another way.

Anyone with experience got a suggestion on what I can do to fix this?

Thanks.

My '04 ES also has a bunch stone chips that are unsightly. I'm dropping it off tomorrow to get the hood repainted. The collision shop is one I've used on several occasions, they do great work. They quoted me $411.13.

Isn't the hood on the RX smaller? Does that quote also include your front bumper?

I'm also getting my front bumper replaced because some idiot backed into it with their trailer hitch. It's covered by my insurance though. The quote for a new front bumper, the styrofoam absorber behind it, paint and labor is $654.67.

If that quote was only for your bumper and hood, I would go elsewhere.

What about using Langka "Blob Eliminator"? Anyone try this product. I read in some cases it can completely take off the touch-up paint without damage to the metallic. I don't know the chemical make up of the Lexus paint or how well it bonds to the clearcoat, but i'm thinking about trying this product before going crazy with a wet sander or god forbid, doing a repaint. Only a $25 investment.

Thoughts?

!!! you MIGHT want to give him a bad rating...but, my wife put down average with our first lexus...and the next thing you know, phone calls, lots of them, call me to explain why i gave him such a bad review. Man, it was a pain and embarassing since that guy technically didnt do anything wrong. So, yeah i guess if you really hate this guy, then go ahead and get him fired. lol. just a rule of thumb, car salesmen suck. lol and the sales women...yo ucant say no to them, tricked me into buying my IS300. lol i was too embarssed to say no after she gave me the bells and whistles.

The Langka should help.

• 2 weeks later...

What about using Langka "Blob Eliminator"? Anyone try this product. I read in some cases it can completely take off the touch-up paint without damage to the metallic. I don't know the chemical make up of the Lexus paint or how well it bonds to the clearcoat, but i'm thinking about trying this product before going crazy with a wet sander or god forbid, doing a repaint. Only a $25 investment.

Thoughts?

Just a followup on this product. It worked like a charm. Just took a q-tip and applied the Langka on each spot - there were probably 40 of them. Let it sit for about 15 minutes and poof, rubbed off like a charm. Some took a little bit of extra fingernail rubbing, but overall, this product just saved me a fortune. I'm very very happy.

:P :D