2002 Lexus Rx300 With Cel On And P0440 Error Code

MAB

I have a 2002 Lexus Rx300 with 72K miles on it and the Check Engine Light (CEL) keeps coming on.

The code P0440 which is Evaporative Emission Control error code.

I have reseated the gas cap a couple times and cleared the code with my OBD2 code reader and it still keeps coming back. I recently installed a K&N air filter but don't know if that would have caused this problem.

Any other suggestion besides replacing the cap which seems to seal good as when I remove it you can hear the pressure release. I did have a couple other codes P0441 and another P044? but those have not come back after clearing the CEL the first time.

Thanks......

There is a hose from the air cleaner box that connects to the CCV. (canister close valve). Rubber hose near the back of the air cleaner by the brake fluid reservoir. It connects to a metal tube. Is it attached? If not it will give you PO440,441,446

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks mehullica. It was as you suggested small rubber hose back below the aircleaner box and by the Brake fluid resevoir. It was indeed disconnected. Thanks again for the help.