lambobaby1218

Advanced Club Member

• PipPipPip
  • 469 posts
  • First Name:Trina
  • Model: IS250 RWD
  • Year: 2009

Posted 15 March 2006 - 05:45 PM

I have come to actually enjoy my car. It just took me so long to get used to it after coming out of my BMW 325i. I now have owned my is250 since August and have 11,000 miles on it. Yes, I'm a mileage hog.

Anyways, anyone notice a popping noise coming out of their dash? It can be so loud that I think a rock is hitting my windshield. I've asked my tech about it, and don't really want to attempt to get into the dash for fear of it not getting put back together correctly........

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 TOBY

TOBY

Club Member

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Model: 06 IS

Posted 15 March 2006 - 07:46 PM

mine did it for a few weeks after I bought it, seemed to have gone away though. I know what you are referring to.

#3 inTgr8r

inTgr8r

New Club Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Model: Looking @ IS350

Posted 15 March 2006 - 09:43 PM

I have come to actually enjoy my car. It just took me so long to get used to it after coming out of my BMW 325i. I now have owned my is250 since August and have 11,000 miles on it. Yes, I'm a mileage hog.

Anyways, anyone notice a popping noise coming out of their dash? It can be so loud that I think a rock is hitting my windshield. I've asked my tech about it, and don't really want to attempt to get into the dash for fear of it not getting put back together correctly........

If it's a common problem & you can live with it for a while,
it might be better to wait & see if a TSB comes out.

#4 bartkat

bartkat

Guru Member

• Super Moderator
  • 4,662 posts
  • Model: 2006 IS350
Contributor

Posted 15 March 2006 - 09:48 PM

I've seen this mentioned several times on other boards. I don't think anyone has determined a cause or fix.

#5 john j

john j

New Club Member

• Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Model: IS 350

Posted 25 March 2006 - 12:22 PM

I have a popping sound now because they took mine apart to fix rattles and buzzing sounds. It's better now but I'm going to take it back for the rattles again and the new popping sounds I'm getting. So far, I'm not impressed at all with the interior build quality of the car. I even hear intermittant rattles coming from my left door. I believe it's actually the window as I can press on it to make the rattling sound disappear. The problem with this rattling sound is getting the dealer to hear it as they usually only drive around the block. I need to get these guys into the car and drive around my area where the streets are not as good.

I guess I should have kept my cheaper car which didn't have the rattling sounds at all. These things just drive me up the wall for some reason. I do admit that I'm anal about these sounds.

What's worse is that I even hear sounds coming from the rear of the car as I drive up the driveway (squeeking sound) and also when I back in/out of a parking spot and have to turn my steering wheel quite a bit(clicking sound).

#6 Bourne33065

Bourne33065

Advanced Club Member

• PipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • Model: Lexus SC400

Posted 24 April 2006 - 07:37 PM

Hi, has anyone found a reason for that wierd poping sound coming from the dash board ( sounds like a rock hitting ) and has anyone found out how to use the IS 250/350 autolock feature? The sales rep said I could do it, but I still haven't fiqured it out, and I can't find anything in the manuel about it. Thanks, I appreciate your help!!!!!!!!!

#7 Cherokee_Outlaw

Cherokee_Outlaw

Advanced Club Member

• PipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • Model: IS350

Posted 24 April 2006 - 08:06 PM

Hi, has anyone found a reason for that wierd poping sound coming from the dash board ( sounds like a rock hitting ) and has anyone found out how to use the IS 250/350 autolock feature? The sales rep said I could do it, but I still haven't fiqured it out, and I can't find anything in the manuel about it. Thanks, I appreciate your help!!!!!!!!!

The only Autolock that I know of... is when you unlock the car... and if you dont open a door in 30 secs.... it autolocks back....

I just usally hit the botton on the door handle to lock the car....

As for the "poping" sound... I have not had this issue with mine...

Could it be a speaker? Does it happen all the time... or just now and then?

#8 webdev

webdev

New Club Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 02:51 PM

I also get this popping noise... I thought it was just me...

#9 bartkat

bartkat

Guru Member

• Super Moderator
  • 4,662 posts
Contributor

Posted 25 April 2006 - 07:57 PM

I've heard a sound that sounds like a pebble hitting the car. I've heard it maybe 5 times and always when I've been sitting in the car, parked, like at the grocery store for maybe half an hour. Sounds like the dash or maybe the roof.

#10 Lars

Lars

New Club Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 10:39 PM

Are you guys refering to the electric steering wheel lock?

#11 bartkat

bartkat

Guru Member

• Super Moderator
  • 4,662 posts
Contributor

Posted 25 April 2006 - 11:31 PM

No. That's a little servo motor sound.

#12 Bourne33065

Bourne33065

Advanced Club Member

• PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 26 April 2006 - 03:44 PM

Yea I knew about the 30 second lock feature, and yea I use the black button as well, or I just lock the car from the inside before I get out.
No I don't think that noise is coming from a speaker it sounds like a rock hitting the car ( a small pebble ) and I've noticed that others have had the same issue so I was just wondering if anyone knew why. It just happens randomly; most of the time Iam driving and u hear a quick pop, sometimes more than one. And Iam almost 100 percent positive the noise comes from the dash or some where around that area.

The only Autolock that I know of... is when you unlock the car... and if you dont open a door in 30 secs.... it autolocks back....

I just usally hit the botton on the door handle to lock the car....

As for the "poping" sound... I have not had this issue with mine...

Could it be a speaker? Does it happen all the time... or just now and then?

#13 sundancer

sundancer

New Club Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Model: IS 250 AWD

Posted 29 April 2006 - 06:31 PM

just went to lexus yesterday due to the second recall..had them fix the speaker grille on the dashboard..plastic was rattling ..evry now and then..loud...they put a new gasket in..fixed it nicely...maybe thats it for you too....dennis

#14 SW03ES

SW03ES

Official LOC Detailaholic

• Management
  • 18,612 posts
  • Model: GS350 AWD Lux
  • Year: 2013
Contributor

Posted 30 April 2006 - 08:11 PM

The dealer can enable the autolock through the C-BEST settings. Ask them for a printout of all the things you can customize, there are a lot.

As for the popping, it may be plastic expanding and contracting if the dash material is warm and cold air is being routed through the A/C system etc.

#15 Bourne33065

Bourne33065

Advanced Club Member

• PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 02 May 2006 - 07:52 PM

:

Wait....What recall? :wacko:

just went to lexus yesterday due to the second recall..had them fix the speaker grille on the dashboard..plastic was rattling ..evry now and then..loud...they put a new gasket in..fixed it nicely...maybe thats it for you too....dennis

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have