Spark Plugs (changing)

Hi every one...

I would like to find out if many of you did changed their spark plugs on a gs 400 (1998) by themselve ????

On the driver side, it seem fairly easy, but on the passenger side it is an other storie...

So before adventuring in unknowed land I would like to know what you did, what kind of difficulty I am looking for, and how long it took you from start to finish,,,

Would you do it again or send it to a mechanic ????

I have no problem opening up my motor bike or working all over my mustang, but i found this car (gs400) intimidating when its time to work on it. Maybe because i know for sure it's gonna cost me a bundle if I do it wrong...

Dantheman

Hi every one...

I would like to find out if many of you did changed their spark plugs on a gs 400 (1998) by themselve ????

On the driver side, it seem fairly easy, but on the passenger side it is an other storie...

So before adventuring in unknowed land I would like to know what you did, what kind of difficulty I am looking for, and how long it took you from start to finish,,,

Would you do it again or send it to a mechanic ????

I have no problem opening up my motor bike or working all over my mustang, but i found this car (gs400) intimidating when its time to work on it. Maybe because i know for sure it's gonna cost me a bundle if I do it wrong...

Dantheman

I've never done plugs on my GS yet, but from what I've seen, you just remove engine cover, unscrew the coil packs and pull them up and replace plugs.

here's a DIY link.... http://www.clublexus.com/forums/showthread...ight=spark+plug

Thanks Chuck for the link.

I am still not deceided if I should go with this but I will give it a more serious look before making my final decision.Anyway I still have to wait a few more week, because it still to cold to do it outside, i dont own a garage (next on my wish list).

Thank again

• 2 weeks later...

Dude, DO IT YOURSELF ITS EASY!

I thought it was hard, it is not. Just remove the intake plastic thing and that black plastic tube that feeds in to the throatle body. THen just pull out the wires and the spark plugs are right there. With the right tools its a cake job and I cant even do my own brakes LOL

DOnt get ripped at the dealer its easy trust me. It took me about 2 hours, and I took my sweet time.