Why Did You First Come To Lexus Owners Club ?

SKperformance

I found the LOC because I .......  

193 members have voted

1. 1. was looking for a

• New Lexus
    • Used Lexus
    • performance upgrades
    • maintenance tutorials
    • troubleshooting a problem with your Lexus
    • Upcoming new Lexus vehicles
    • dealership reviews
    • new or used parts
    • other

Ey oop lads and lasses!

I have a large amount of cash burning a hole in my pocket. I need to get meself a new motor and figured I might go for a Lexus. I know not much about 'em - so I've come in here to get some advice. Be gentle with me :)

Hi and welcome!

I've been blessed, we've always had new automobiles...and nice ones at that.

My first experience with Lexus began in 2000 when my then-husband bought a used 1993 ES300 from the original owner. She was selling her Lexus because it's 7 year warranty was up. That car ran perfectly!

In 2002, along with my freedom, I got our Lexus. During a service check-up, my wonderful dealership loaned me a 2003 ES300 and I loved it! What's not to love in a car that's 10 years newer, right? RIGHT! I too had a little cash burning a hole in my pocket and no one to tell me not to - so i said 'why not?' and drove home in the most beautiful Mystic Sea/Charcoal int., 2003 ES300 and have been thrilled ever since. She's a keeper! Drives great, routine maintenance, no problems.

Hope this helps! Now - tell me, what did you finally do...since i notice your post was 05/29/2006, nearly 3 years ago??? LOL

Karen

from NorCal

;)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, I'm new to the lexus forum, but I've been in the car game quite a while and have a fair amount of experience with toyotas. although im always driving nissan 240sx, I've always thought big power lexus 4 doors were sick, its my dream daily driver to build a 1st or 2nd gen aristo with 2j, aero, ridiculous offset jdm wheels, all that. i am finalizing a deal to pick up a 1st gen right now, thought id come and learn the ins and outs of these cars from the experts...the owners. also maybe i can help someone out with their issues (car related)

I found it through an Altavista Search. I was considering purchasing a pre-owned RX300 and I wanted to research any known issues with the car. Recently, I was driving a 2001 RX300 when the steering wheel locked, so I've posted a question about that.

Solace

• 4 months later...
As usual i am always wondering about things and today it is what brought you to the LOC community .

Did you hear about us through word of mouth , Google or another search engine or another Lexus club?

I found this through Google. I recently leased a new 2009 LS about a week ago and wanted to see what others were saying. For the last 6 years I leased 2 VW Phaetons and spent a lot of time on the Phaeton forum at VW Vortex, I was one of the original people on that forum. We were a real tight group of enthusiasts and I would have remained a Phaeton owner if they still sold them in the US. I'm still going through separation anxiety even though the LS is a competent car. My last Lexus was a 98 GS400. The good thing about the LS is the 8 speed which makes it comparable with a German car in regards to instant satisfaction. My key attraction to the Phaeton is no one knew I was driving an $80K car. If you aren't familiar with the Phaeton, it was the brainchild of Ferdinand Piech, the grandson of Ferdinand Porche. He wanted to design and build the best luxury car on the planet. He's also the guy who spearheaded the Bugatti Venron, the fastest production car. The Phaeton shares the same chassis and electronics as the Bentley Flying Spur. I always referred to it as a Hybrid, because it contained Lamborghini brakes, Bentley chassis and Audi drive train. Build in an all transparent factory in the Dresden East Germany art district.

OK, that's out of my system. I'm now a proud (hopefully owner of an LS ;)

As usual i am always wondering about things and today it is what brought you to the LOC community .

Did you hear about us through word of mouth , Google or another search engine or another Lexus club?

I found this through Google. I recently leased a new 2009 LS about a week ago and wanted to see what others were saying. For the last 6 years I leased 2 VW Phaetons and spent a lot of time on the Phaeton forum at VW Vortex, I was one of the original people on that forum. We were a real tight group of enthusiasts and I would have remained a Phaeton owner if they still sold them in the US. I'm still going through separation anxiety even though the LS is a competent car. My last Lexus was a 98 GS400. The good thing about the LS is the 8 speed which makes it comparable with a German car in regards to instant satisfaction. My key attraction to the Phaeton is no one knew I was driving an $80K car. If you aren't familiar with the Phaeton, it was the brainchild of Ferdinand Piech, the grandson of Ferdinand Porche. He wanted to design and build the best luxury car on the planet. He's also the guy who spearheaded the Bugatti Venron, the fastest production car. The Phaeton shares the same chassis and electronics as the Bentley Flying Spur. I always referred to it as a Hybrid, because it contained Lamborghini brakes, Bentley chassis and Audi drive train. Build in an all transparent factory in the Dresden East Germany art district.

Welcome to the club, and enjoy that sweet LS460 you got! I have a feeling you'll either love it, or be bored with it, all for the same reason: No more dealing with Lamborghini BREAKS, BENT-ley chasis, and AUDIFUL drive train issues! Hahaha....Sorry, I couldn't help myself on this one! We're Toyota guys and gals here....we get kicks out of our reliable cars! :cheers:

PS: Watch out for SW03ES...he'll steel your car!

Welcome to the club, and enjoy that sweet LS460 you got! I have a feeling you'll either love it, or be bored with it, all for the same reason: No more dealing with Lamborghini BREAKS, BENT-ley chasis, and AUDIFUL drive train issues! Hahaha....Sorry, I couldn't help myself on this one! We're Toyota guys and gals here....we get kicks out of our reliable cars! :cheers:

PS: Watch out for SW03ES...he'll steel your car!

No offense taken. Believe it or not the only issue I had on the Phaeton was a cracked hose fitting right before I turned it in. And it didn't affect the drivability. That said, the warranty covered part was over $300.00 and that car will be an expensive nightmare after warranty and time. Since my residual was $42K and VW service sucks I didn't buy it out. The LS on the other hand would be a strong consideration since the residual is only $33K and it will still have a lot of life left:~)

• 5 months later...

:whistles:

I actually found the site last June while buying my 2006 RX400h Grey Mica on an internet auction. The Norwegian Wikipedia site on Lexus has a link, I needed some info fast to be able to decide to buy it.

• 3 months later...

Just trying to find new ideas on making my lexus is 300 sicker then it is i plan to make it the best one out there right now its in the shop being painted pearl white with gold flakes and then once its out drive it for a week then put it back in to add on a bunch of carbon fibre :) then 2JZ GTE

HAVING ALOT OF MONEY CANNOT BUY HAPPINESS BUT IT BUYS A *BLEEP*LOAD OF MODS TO MAKE A SICK LOOKING LEXUS YEE YEE!!!!!!

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The first place I found was LOC UK. It was kinda fun to read the different language. Then I came over here.

How do you find, what does your car model! :blushing:

The first place I found was LOC UK. It was kinda fun to read the different language. Then I came over here.

How do you find, what does your car model! :blushing:

Hi Diestel. I'm in Des Moines. I have a 2010 ES350. Welcome to the LOC.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Found LOC on google. Of course the vast technical knowledge available was the primary reason, but also communicating with like minded people who have good taste and appreciate a well made machine.

• 4 weeks later...

I was researching RX 330s at the time as was looking for things to watch out for. Must say since then I have searched and found for that matter, whatever I have needed to find, from actuator repairs to NAV screen shortcuts. I think tha this site is a great source of info.

• 2 weeks later...

Did a Bing search to see if a RX fourm site actually existed or not. I've been active on Matrixowners.com for awhile & wanted to check out the Lexus community after picking up a used RX for the wife. So far so good, I'm liking what I see here :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Forums

News

Membership