3 replies to this topic

#1 Volcano29

Volcano29

Club Member

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • Model: 2002 RX300 AWD

Posted 18 January 2006 - 12:33 PM

Hello I have a 99 rx300 and the code P1354 came out. It reads VVT System Malfunctioning (Bank 2). Does anyone have an idea on what exactly I need to replace. Some say its the oxygen sensors (which one?) Thankyou.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 LexInfo

LexInfo

Club Member

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Model: Gx470

Posted 18 January 2006 - 06:07 PM

Hello I have a 99 rx300 and the code P1354 came out. It reads VVT System Malfunctioning (Bank 2). Does anyone have an idea on what exactly I need to replace. Some say its the oxygen sensors (which one?) Thankyou.

The vvt-i oil control valve needs to be checked for a possible malfunction along with the cam sensors, bank two is the one where the oil cap is located. if you are mechanically inclined you can remove the engine cover and see the oil control valve, it has a black connector and the valve body is gold in color it gets attached to the cylinder head with one 10 mm bolt, remove and pull it out, fairly easy to do. you can bench test it or just get it replaced......  :cheers:

#3 Volcano29

Volcano29

Club Member

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • Model: 2002 RX300 AWD

Posted 18 January 2006 - 08:54 PM

Does this code have anything to do with the Throttle position sensor or the ECU?

#4 LexInfo

LexInfo

Club Member

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Model: Gx470

Posted 18 January 2006 - 10:10 PM

Does this code have anything to do with the Throttle position sensor or the ECU?

more so the ecu than the TPS, also it was bank specific so if its ecu related it will throw other codes
and if its tps related it will be both banks.....
I would check the OCV on bank 2 and go from there.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have