Flat Towing

Earl P

Is anyone pulling a Gx470 behing a motorhome?

I have some data but would love to talk to someone who "has been there"

Hello I have a new 06 GX coming in a couple of weeks and I plan on flat towing the rig. After owning an RV casita in Indio for a couple of years I noticed my neighbors two have LX 470s and four have GX 470s and everyone is happy with the towing experience no transmission problems. I used to tow an RX and in 2001 or 02 had a transmission go out on me so I was concerned trying it again. I know Lexus says they dont reccommend it but with so many of my neighbors doing it successfully I decided to order a GX. I ran into a guy in an RV park towing a GX in Washington and he got some kind of a transmission disconnect installed so the dealer would grant him a warranty.

Guess you have to decide if you are willing to take the risk on a transmission failure. With so many of my neighbors doing it and one of my neighbors has over 70,000 miles of driven miles and who know how many towed miles with no problems guess I decided to take the risk. It is a personal decision. Just my 2 cents worth. B)

Is anyone pulling a Gx470 behing a motorhome?

I have some data but would love to talk to someone who "has been there"

Hello I have a new 06 GX coming in a couple of weeks and I plan on flat towing the rig. After owning an RV casita in Indio for a couple of years I noticed my neighbors two have LX 470s and four have GX 470s and everyone is happy with the towing experience no transmission problems. I used to tow an RX and in 2001 or 02 had a transmission go out on me so I was concerned trying it again. I know Lexus says they dont reccommend it but with so many of my neighbors doing it successfully I decided to order a GX. I ran into a guy in an RV park towing a GX in Washington and he got some kind of a transmission disconnect installed so the dealer would grant him a warranty.

Guess you have to decide if you are willing to take the risk on a transmission failure. With so many of my neighbors doing it and one of my neighbors has over 70,000 miles of driven miles and who know how many towed miles with no problems guess I decided to take the risk. It is a personal decision. Just my 2 cents worth. B)