Replacement Keys

bluestu

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I have aquired a new key from eBay as well for my 04 rx 330, I've had it laser cut, but now looking to program it, I tried the directions in http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...?showtopic=9509 but no luck...

Is there a different set of instructions that may work for the RX330? If someone could post them or send me in the right direction that would be great.

Hi,

I have aquired a new key from eBay as well for my 04 rx 330, I've had it laser cut, but now looking to program it, I tried the directions in http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...?showtopic=9509 but no luck...

Is there a different set of instructions that may work for the RX330? If someone could post them or send me in the right direction that would be great.

http://www.toy-lex.com/programming.html

Hi,

http://www.toy-lex.com/programming.html

<_< I took a look at that site and then clicked on the link that is applicable for the 04 RX330, and the message is...

"Lexus Key and Remote Programming Instructions

Key Programming

You can not program this key yourself. You will need to take your car and key to either the dealer or to a

local locksmith that has the Lexus programming software. "

:censored:

I could use some help! The lock button on my 1999 rx300 remote stopped working. I purchased a replacement uncut key including the remote on ebay. When I received it, I moved the remote module from the new uncut key to my original key. Then, I went through the steps to program the car to accept the new remote as an additional remote and it seemed to work just fine. That is, until I tried to start the car. It won't start with that key anymore. It starts just fine with the valet key. It seems that somehow the car decided to unauthorize the original key when I programmed it to accept the new remote in that key. I've gone through the steps of trying to program the car to re-accept that key by using the valet key and by using the original key itself after opening the doors with the original transponder, but neither worked.

Can anybody help?

I could use some help! The lock button on my 1999 rx300 remote stopped working. I purchased a replacement uncut key including the remote on ebay. When I received it, I moved the remote module from the new uncut key to my original key. Then, I went through the steps to program the car to accept the new remote as an additional remote and it seemed to work just fine. That is, until I tried to start the car. It won't start with that key anymore. It starts just fine with the valet key. It seems that somehow the car decided to unauthorize the original key when I programmed it to accept the new remote in that key. I've gone through the steps of trying to program the car to re-accept that key by using the valet key and by using the original key itself after opening the doors with the original transponder, but neither worked.

Can anybody help?

Your car really didn't unauthorize your original key. The problem is that the actual key blade does not contain the chip. It is in the electronics (remote) which you removed. Use your old electronics to program the car to accept the new electronics. Programming a new key is a 2 step process. One is to operate the remote, which you already did, then the other is to start the car. Directions are here:

http://www.toy-lex.com/

Can anybody help?

Your car really didn't unauthorize your original key. The problem is that the actual key blade does not contain the chip. It is in the electronics (remote) which you removed. Use your old electronics to program the car to accept the new electronics. Programming a new key is a 2 step process. One is to operate the remote, which you already did, then the other is to start the car. Directions are here:

http://www.toy-lex.com/

THANKS! That did the trick. I just took the case cover off of the original key and switched out the remote module to go from existing key to new key during the key programming process. So, everything is working fine now. There are no electrical connections from the remote module to the metal key so I had thought there was some kind of identifier in the metal key itself. Do you know how the car knows that the correct remote module is in the key vs. just somewhere in the car (which I'd tried)?

It doesn't really need to be in the key, just near the ignition switch. It's the same concept as the credit card key that comes with the Rx when new. It is a credit card card size key that goes into your wallet. It has a metal blade that snaps out of the plastic card. You put the metal key in the ignition and just hold the plastic card, which has the chip in it, anywhere the ignition.

• 8 years later...

We cannot find one of my master keys for my early '99 RX300.  I still have the other (along with the original key numbers, etc.).  I am looking for a less-pricey alternative to replace my original key with a quality, OEM-type product with programming instructions.  I see there are lots of aftermarket keys available, but I want all of the original features to work, i.e. locks, windows, sunroof, like the original.  A local locksmith quoted me $180 including programming, which I'm sure is less than the dealer.  The funny thing is, he quoted the same price for my Subaru Outback which only locks & unlocks the doors (less complicated programming?).

Has anyone sourced a less expensive full replacement key lately (not just the shell)?

Will you provide the source?

How do I program it (completely - not just to start the car)?

Thanks very much!