Low Washer Fluid Reminder On

bill_77056

1999 LS400 w/66K miles.

The LOW WASHER FLUID reminder is active in the Multi Information Display.

The washer fluid reservoir is full.

Lexus dealer has not been contacted about the problem.

Does anyone know if this problem something an average independent Lexus or Toyota mechanic can handle?

Thank you.

Bill

1999 LS400 w/66K miles.

Does anyone know if this problem something an average independent Lexus or Toyota mechanic can handle?

Thank you.

Bill

The sensor on the resevor botle has a float on it. The after time, the dame things tend to no longer float.

You have to replace the whole sender sensor unit.

To see if this is it, unplug yours. If light goes out then bingo. Unit went bad. I have the same thing on my 91 LS. I have tried to take the thing apart and fix the "float" part, but have not found a fix. So I just pulled the plug on it.

I have not priced the part but I know I will not like it as I know it's a dealer only thing.

1999 LS400 w/66K miles.

Thank you.

Bill

I had the same problem. The washer fluid container bolts have fallen out. I had Midas put new bolts into mine for about forty bucks or you can do it yourself if you know how to take off the front fender. You figure that Lexus rides so smooth on the inside, something has to be absorbing the hit from the pot holes in the road. Must be the Washer Fluid Container.

• 3 years later...
I have the same thing happened to my LS400 99. It was on and off whenever I hit a bump. I just pull the plug out from the under. It borther me no more.

How do you unplug the sensor?

I'm assuming that, like on most Toyota vehicles, one has to partially remove the fender liner inside the wheel well to access the electrical parts for the windshield/headlight washer reservoir. Here is an illustration of the components: http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/p_U_1999_LEXU...EAGKA_8503.html

I have the same thing happened to my LS400 99. It was on and off whenever I hit a bump.
Cool....saved me the trouble of searching (thanks Golfdog!)! I heard a quick chime when I hit a series of pot holes the other day, but when I looked down, I didn't have any error messages. I refilled the fluid, and all is well!

:cheers:

I have the same thing happened to my LS400 99. It was on and off whenever I hit a bump. I just pull the plug out from the under. It borther me no more.

How do you unplug the sensor?

I'm assuming that, like on most Toyota vehicles, one has to partially remove the fender liner inside the wheel well to access the electrical parts for the windshield/headlight washer reservoir. Here is an illustration of the components: http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/p_U_1999_LEXU...EAGKA_8503.html

Thanks! I'll probably get the dealer to replace it.