Abs Light

recheck the ABS senors and make sure they didn't come unpluged when you had the calipers off the mounts.

After the pads and rotors where put on, did you bleed the brakes properly. You may have a pressure problems (air bubbles) in the pressure modulator valve.

There should be a code in the ECU that can help pinpoint the exact sensor in the ABS system that is tripping the light.

If it continues and the sensor wires are plugged in and not damaged, have the code read.

steviej

did you use a hammer at all when changing the brakes

if so you may have moved the hub out of position if there is excessive play in the hub assembly

it may need to get replaced as this casues the magnetic sensor in the hub not to sense wheel rotaion

causing the light

replacing the hub also means you need to replace the abs sensor as it is almost impossible to perss out of the old hub in one peice

good luck

I too have a 94 ES300 I recently purchased from someone who meticulously took her car to the shop when anything appeared to be wrong. After replacing the CV boot more than a year ago, the ABS light has been intermitantly going on. I have all the service records. The codes have been read many a time yet nothing relevant comes up. The sensor light was changed and after many attempts to solve the problem the former owner and her garage concluded that whatever was tripping it seemed inconseuenquencial. Could it be a 94 ES300 quirk? or are we headed for and ABS disaster :o

let me guess when you start the car the ligth is off but when driving especially over a hard bump it may turn on for a bit?

if o then it is more than likely too much play in the wheel hub that is only intermittent

if the light comes on then it is a problem

no matter what

so the above listed repair of the hub would be needed also

:rolleyes:

Yep! When I bought my 92 ES300 in 1999, I had the brakes serviced. When I went to drive off, the ABS light was on. I asked the mechanic what was up and he told me it was a sensor - that nothing was wrong with the brakes.

I drove with that durn ABS light constantly on for 3 years, until I finally sold the car.

yah sounds liek that mechanic hit it just a bit too hard

as the first time i installed new suspension they did the same thing

had to get the rear sensor replaced

and at the same time they found i had a front bearing for the hub with excessive play

• 3 weeks later...

The ABS light on my 92 ES300 came on recently. I did have the front rotors replaced about 3 months ago, but the ABS light did not come on until recently so I doubt that this is due to the repair work. Before I go and have the code read, I wanted to follow the advice given earlier about checking to see of the abs sensors came unplugged. Where are the sensors located and can you visualize them without removing the wheels and/or having the car on a lift? Secondly, what do the sensors look like? I really do not want to pay the dealer prices to tell me that a sensor was disconnected. Besides, with 205k miles on her, there is a point of dimishing returns.

Thanks in advance for the help!

go to autozone and have the codes read for free. That may help you pinpoint which wheel.

Otherwise, yes the car has to be jacked up and each wheel taken off. You can do this in the driveway with the trunk jack, but I stress that you support the car with a jack stand before sticking you head up under the wheel well. It is the best way to get you head under there to see unless you are good with a mirror on the end of a stick.

The wire will come out from the wheel well and connect to a sensor that is on the back side of the rotor. There may be two connectors/wires if you have trac control. The trac control is usually in the wheel bearing hub. There should be a connector held steady to the back of the shield behind the rotor.

Basically look for any electrical conncection on the backside of the brakes around the hub.

steviej

I don't rightly know, but if the can read codes from the dash port then they might be able to. If they don't it is still FREE and worth a shot before paying Lexus an $80 diagnostic.

Wouldn't you think so?

why don't you call them and ask them.

sj