1999 Lexus Es300 Fuel Problems?

:angry: heres the story....Bought my 99 es300 2 1/2 years ago 36,000 miles ...Awesome no complaints, I have it at 95,000 now. Over the summer the check engine light trac on/off light came on. Went to autozone, they told me it was the o2 sensor. The most expensive one $150.00 bosch. Had my friend put it in, no problem. The light comes on again, 1 month later...Go to autozone. They say ots the mass air flow sensor. So I made an appointment at a toyaot dealership, only because the closest lexus dealer is 2 hours away! They verified its the mass air flow sensor, but wanted to charge me $400.00 to put it in. I bought the part at advanced auto parts for around $80.00 all said and done. HAd my buddy put the part in. No problems! A week later the light comes on again! Take it to autozone, and they tell me it has something to do with the emmisions. ?????? SO I am stuck right now, and really dont want to spend a fortune at the dealer without doing my research first! I can say that when in drive with my foot on the brake. it idles. Bt idles down, like its loosing power a little bit. Also when I drive it kinda sputters when it picks up. hesitates almost from like 5mph to 35-40 mph. I did put some fuel injector in it, helps a little bit, but problem still exist! Anyone who knows anything about this problem, ANYTHING would be great, please email me at kguzylak@yahoo.com, THAnks so mcuh in advance, Kelley:)

Sounds to me that the dirty throttle body in your car is the problem. Over time, the throttle body gets caked with dirt and numerous other particles, causing blockage in the passage between the throttle body to the engine, and eventually throws off the air/fuel mixture ratio from the MAF sensor. You need to get your throttle body cleaned up, and you can actually do this yourself without taking it to the dealership. Just buy yourself a carb/throttle body cleaner spray from an auto parts store, get together some old rags, and you're good to go.

Sounds to me that the dirty throttle body in your car is the problem.  Over time, the throttle body gets caked with dirt and numerous other particles, causing blockage in the passage between the throttle body to the engine, and eventually throws off the air/fuel mixture ratio from the MAF sensor.  You need to get your throttle body cleaned up, and you can actually do this yourself without taking it to the dealership.  Just buy yourself a carb/throttle body cleaner spray from an auto parts store, get together some old rags, and you're good to go.

I would run some gas cleaner in the gas; then changed the oil after that tank is dry.