Dvd Bypass Is Finally Here! For 2006 Gs

• 3 months later...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have never dome a mod on anything and I tried this one. Worked like a charm. I was a little nervous and did not do very clean cutting of wires, but I got to tell you, I was very happy to see it work. Thanks to whoever posted it.

thanks for this. i bypassed the vidoes on my clarion nx500 but i had to give it a power source so that the unit will know that i have switched the parking brake. new units are becoming smart. my old jvc dvd navi double din just need the wire to be grounded and i was able to bypass it.

• 6 months later...

Can anyone that has 'successfully' done this mod please clarify what is meant by connecting the "wireloom" side of the pink wire to the "wireloom" side of the purple wire?

Is he referring to the harness side of the wire coming from the car & connecting them together?

Just trying to be clear b4 i attempt this..

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

can anyone help me with getting DVD to my unit which has navigation featues but no"DVD" on the unit on 06 GS300

I had my audio guy do the bypass with the wiring and i have navigation and bluetooth while driving. I thought that i would get DVD until i saw a pic that had the Levingston player that said "DVD" etc... written on the unit. I have all the above without the DVD logo on it. Is there a way that I can connect a sepaate DVD player somewhere and wire it to the unit? I am trying to avoid an aftermaket unit/dash kit. not to mention losing some of my functions. Maybe even use the same input wies that contol the back-up camera?

If anyone has completed this task or knows how, any help would be appreciated.

• 10 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi guys,

I just jointed the club. ^_^ Thanks so much for this post! I recently did the bypass to my dvd player. I was wondering if everyone that has done this mod has any problem since? Any malfunction like the screen not work?

• 1 year later...