"a Lexus Is Just A Camry With A Different Emblem"

It's a question of refinement. If they don't understand that concept, let them stay with the Camry.

Until you actually own both, you won't be able to tell the Lexus is better. From the outside, the Camry looks very similar to an ES.

But then again so does a Pontiac LOL

for me it's very simple:

Lexus made in Japan

and Camry in ... you know where

I paid for made in Japan as I plan to keep it

OT: when I checked for Acura TL (USA) vs. TSX (Japan) - TSX is far better made.

Werd, at least 98% of everything is exactly the same, but...

The changes in suspension components (sometimes the same part numbers, different parts if you actually compare)

Lighter power steering ratio

The body styling fixes everything that makes the same year Camry look like !Removed!.(Look I love Camry's, but that doesn't mean they don't look like !Removed!...)

The interior is the same thing, with far superior leather & wood trim. (Outside of Lexus, you have to step up to cars in 2x the price range to find leather as nice as any Leather equipped ES... I know... Lexus is silly!)

The simple fact that it's built in Japan, with parts out of the JDM parts bin. Is the kicker.

If you drive, or ride in both back to back, it's an obvious night & day difference.

All you notice is similarity, but no more than anything else would have from any other maker. Let's face it... Everyone uses the same base design across the board - Toyota does the same.

It's not like driving a "bloated Camry" (my way of explaining performance!). It's like driving a better, separate car from the same maker.

Anyone that can't accept they're the same thing, but different, is ignorant - as a person, or in the observation of automobiles.

Hi Guys,

I told by Toyota Parts...that lexus made in Japan and Toyota camry made in local..like US or Australia..

that the big different...quality...much better.. I love my es300 95...

god bless

origin :D

It's REALLY annoying!! :angry:

Who cares? Why bother trying to justify your car purchase to anyone?

Whoever quoted " Lexus Is Just A Camry With A Different Emblem " Has displayed his lack of knowledge by making such a quote. IMHO this should be ignored.:cheers:

It's not just a question about where the car is manufactured. Lexus is now making the RX330 in Cambridge, Ontario and the training and rigour that goes into it to produce the quality (refinement) is far greater than what they do for producing Toyota's in the same plant.

I would just say

"You're absolutely right. People that buy Porsches are just buying VWs and hey, while were at it, why buy a Mercedes - after all it's just a Chrysler?"

or

"I'm just one of those complete morons that fell victim to the relentless ad campaigns that swayed me to pay much more for the same thing."

It's REALLY annoying!! :angry:

:censored: by the moderator.

next time I will speak to you personally. I suggest you reread the rules and guidelines for posting on this forum.

steviej

ES/IS Forum Moderator

Edited by steviej

I agree w/ exdotcomer. When a woman asks "what kind of car do you drive"? Lexus seems to catch their attention faster than Toyota. If you think the other way around, you could tell them i have a lexus with Toyota emblems on it. Nobodys buying that.

As I was walking to work this AM I was pondering this thread because of all the other cars that I saw that fit into this discussion.

Chevy Tahoe or GMC Denali and the Cadillac Escalade

Chevy Avalanche and the Cadillac Escalade EXT

Any Ford SUV and the Lincoln counterpart

Toyota Land Cruiser and the Lexus LX470

Toyota 4Runner and the Lexus GX

Nissan Maxima (previous design) and the discontinued Infinity I35

The VW Passat and the Audi A6

The VW Toureg and the Porsche Cheyenne

Subaru Tribeca and the Saab 9.7x

Subaru WRX and the Saab 9.2x

I am sure the list goes on.

Why let it bother you, let it bother the person who tried to throw it in you face. Evidently it does or they wouldn't have had the need to mention it.

I got better things to deal with in life than someone else's envy.

steviej