Lx470 Nakamichi Cd Changer

a_lu_co

• 3 months later...

Does anyone know how to open the wooden trim cd dash?  My cd's are stuck in side.  I can't play/load or eject.  Thanks

Binh

Binh,

did you get your problem solved? I have the same problem. Any help would be appreciated.

The CD player s**ks. I have this problem with the first year. I told the dealer about it, but they said it's not a problem. Eventually, it got worst.

tuan

• 1 month later...

Hello Binh & Tuan, I too have the same problems w/CDs stuck in the CD changer. Did either of you get the problem solved? Thx, Bill

Does anyone know how to open the wooden trim cd dash?  My cd's are stuck in side.  I can't play/load or eject.  Thanks

Binh

Binh,

did you get your problem solved? I have the same problem. Any help would be appreciated.

The CD player s**ks. I have this problem with the first year. I told the dealer about it, but they said it's not a problem. Eventually, it got worst.

tuan

• 1 month later...

I had the same problem. I asked here but did not get any response either. :(

Anyway, I took mine a part today and got the cd's out so I figured I would try to buck the trend and help others.

the trim is held in with clips. I used two small flat head screwdrivers. I took one and carefully inserted it in between the wood trim and the console. Gently pry the trim away from the console. Put the other one in there to hold your progress and gradually work your way around the wood trim with the other screwdriver gently prying the trim loose.

Once you have it out, let it rest on your shifter or on the center console (there are some wires attached keeping you from moving it too far away).

The stereo is held in with 4 large philips screws. unscrew them and it the stereo will slide out. Detach the antenna wire, another wire, and a large wire harness from the back of the stereo.

Now that the stereo is out, you will have to remove the cover from the back and bottom of the stereo. there are a bunch of small screws to do it. I probably took too much apart since at this point you can use a small flat head to push the cd's out from the back (they will slide out the front slot).

Be careful not to break off the computer cables (flat amber colored things that run along the inside wall of the stereo). you can unhook it by gently removing the little white plastic retaining clip, but I would try to do the job without going this far.

screw the covers back on, reconnect the wires and reinstall. The whole thing took me about an hour, and I was sort of feeling my way along scared I would break something, or damage the trim. Some of the folks on here could probably do it in about 15 minutes, but I am a rookie.

Good luck,

fish

• Like 1

Thanks Fish, and everything worked fine after that or are you just putting everything on cassett now?:chairshot:

I actually have not tried another CD in there yet, I have been using an mp3 player through the radio instead. I am going to give it a shot sooner or later, it just became a personal quest to recover the CD's and not let the nakamichi win. :chairshot: The stereo works fine as does the display. I'll let you know about the changer as soon as I find some sacrificial cds. :D

• 4 months later...

Thanks Fish. It's been a while since last time I logged on. My cd's still stuck, have not try to take a part yet. It's an ERROR3 problem, and according to other LX owners, it's a common problem. Hopefully someone know how to fix it and let us know. Thanks to all.

• 3 weeks later...

I have been told by the manufacturer that a lot of times the problem is caused by CD's that are burnt at home.I have used them in my 4runner and my wifes Sienna without problems so I am hoping for the best in my IS300.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

As long as you do not print a label and add that to your homemade CD there is no difference in the CD. If the label lifts slightly on one edge then that causes big problems. I always label with permanent marker.

I have been told by the manufacturer that a lot of times the problem is caused by CD's that are burnt at home.I have used them in my 4runner and my wifes Sienna without problems so I am hoping for the best in my IS300.

• 1 year later...

I'd like to revive this question....

My 99 LX 470 Nakamichi occasionally eats a cd (usually in the number 6 spot)... I turn on the heat and warm up the dash... then I go into a methodical eject, eject, eject, eject, stereo off, stereo on, eject, eject, eject, eject, stereo off, stereo on, eject, eject, eject, eject, stereo off, stereo on,... you get the picture...

AND eventually, the son of a gun coughs up the cd's

This has happened a dozen times over the past 6 or seven years....

At this point... all six are operational....

What I want is Sirius / XM and an iPod interface..... I don't care much for nav... I can read a map and figure out out to get home from the train station.....

Has ANYONE found a GREAT solution to the aftermarket stereo that doesn't include cutting a piece of Sheetrock with a keyhole saw to fill in the 3 inch gap?

Although I've read there are no patch harness (http://www.celiamania.com/wordpress/?p=181) and the system in completely intergraded...

I have "borrowed" a few photos from the IH8MUD.COM website (a posting by 1loudLX August 08 - thank you for the unlicensed usage) which displays a Kenwood System...

Has anyone else had ANY success other than this????

Sorry for the dupe listing...

My 99 LX 470 Nakamichi occasionally eats a cd (usually in the number 6 spot)... I turn on the heat and warm up the dash... then I go into a methodical eject, eject, eject, eject, stereo off, stereo on, eject, eject, eject, eject, stereo off, stereo on, eject, eject, eject, eject, stereo off, stereo on,... you get the picture...

What I want is Sirius / XM and an iPod interface..... I don't care much for nav... I can read a map and figure out out to get home from the train station.....

Has ANYONE found a GREAT solution to the aftermarket stereo that doesn't include cutting a piece of Sheetrock with a keyhole saw to fill in the 3 inch gap?

Although I've read there are no patch harness (http://www.celiamania.com/wordpress/?p=181) and the system in completely intergraded...

I have "borrowed" a few photos from the IH8MUD.COM website (a posting by 1loudLX August 08 - thank you for the unlicensed usage) which displays a Kenwood System...

post-81056-1267064498_thumb.jpg

post-81056-1267064507_thumb.jpg

post-81056-1267064518_thumb.jpg

post-81056-1267064524_thumb.jpg

post-81056-1267064532_thumb.jpg

• 1 year later...

Same problem here, did you ever find a solution?

Sorry for the dupe listing...

• 5 months later...

Same issue my brother in law has. Tried inserting a CD to induce the others to pop out - no luck. Disconnected the battery and now the unit has stopped spinning every time the car is started. I'm afraid to hit the eject button for fear that it'll start spinning again.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...