Is300 Cd Changer Problems and Fixes

cdub

ok ok i'll say it... dude just get the pioneer avic-d3!!!! and join the happiness that is i, smooth1, heyoceanfloor, and many others...... do it, you'll love it.... :cheers:

Does it have any kind of security on it, like face comes off? I live in Miami and I don't want any broken windows... :)

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The first time my CD changer jammed, it un-jammed when I got airborne (the landing fix it). The second time it jammed, no amount of air un-jammed it (at least it felt like air but it was probably my suspension uncompressing a couple of inches). The directions posted where awesome and it took me less than 40 minutes. Thanks.

Recently my cd player began to display the message "ERROR 3". ]Also, for a few days I was unable to retrieve the cds I had in the player, fortunately this morning, with a little loving care and patience, I was successful at getting them out. :) Although the message/error still remains. Who out there knows what ERROR 3 means? :cries: How bad is this? Am I s**t out of luck, do I have to get a new stereo? Please help/advise.

Recently my cd player began to display the message "ERROR 3". ]Also, for a few days I was unable to retrieve the cds I had in the player, fortunately this morning, with a little loving care and patience, I was successful at getting them out. :) Although the message/error still remains. Who out there knows what ERROR 3 means? :cries: How bad is this? Am I s**t out of luck, do I have to get a new stereo? Please help/advise.

Run a cleaning cd with the brushes on it, Several times. :cheers:

Recently my cd player began to display the message "ERROR 3". ]Also, for a few days I was unable to retrieve the cds I had in the player, fortunately this morning, with a little loving care and patience, I was successful at getting them out. :) Although the message/error still remains. Who out there knows what ERROR 3 means?:cries: How bad is this? Am I s**t out of luck, do I have to get a new stereo? Please help/advise.

Run a cleaning cd with the brushes on it, Several times.:cheers:

Thanx. Did this eliminate the problem when you got the "error"?

Recently my cd player began to display the message "ERROR 3". ]Also, for a few days I was unable to retrieve the cds I had in the player, fortunately this morning, with a little loving care and patience, I was successful at getting them out. :) Although the message/error still remains. Who out there knows what ERROR 3 means?:cries: How bad is this? Am I s**t out of luck, do I have to get a new stereo? Please help/advise.

Run a cleaning cd with the brushes on it, Several times.:cheers:

Thanx. Did this eliminate the problem when you got the "error"?

Yes :cheers:

Hey there. I seemed to have that problem as well. At on point I was unable to get a CD out for weeks. Your problem may be that the CDs you are putting in your player are burned. I read the manual about this problem and sure enough it stated that this CD player does not like burned cd's. I haven't placed any burned cd's in since and have been placing my cd's that I have placed my store bought cd's in there and my player has been fine since. Hope this helps. I know it sucks because I have tons of burned cd's

• 9 months later...
If you want to take it out, you will need to start from the top. I don't know what year you have so... but anyhow. Its really easy to pull out, the only crap part is that you need to take out some other things to get to it. Its screwed in there nice and tidy. The work over all should take no more than an hour. If you are planning on getting an after market, make sure you get a mount too. =T But if you really want to take it out, I will give you some more detail on it or you can look up on a UK site <-- someone told me that after I dealt with the same problem as you. But you don't need a new CD player. After you get in there you can pop the CDs right now and put it back in and it will work. :whistles:

Hi i own a 2001 is300 with the same problem with the radio. I really want to tear it out can you tell me how?

• 2 weeks later...

Hell, here's my solution after my previous IS's cd player took a crap. I got a new Is that had a new factory CD Changer in it (because it was under warranty), bought an ipod and a cassette adapter and will NEVER use the new Cd changer ever again. Well, at least until the cassette adapter takes a dump.

• 3 weeks later...

Everyone seems to have cd player problems, like me...I have not seen any clearly written instructions on removal of the unit for doit-yourselfers like myself...I'd rather not break plastic tabs off if avoidable. Can someone lead me in right direction...I plan on 90 day warranted refurb on ebay. :)

• 2 months later...
If you want to take it out, you will need to start from the top. I don't know what year you have so... but anyhow. Its really easy to pull out, the only crap part is that you need to take out some other things to get to it. Its screwed in there nice and tidy. The work over all should take no more than an hour. If you are planning on getting an after market, make sure you get a mount too. =T But if you really want to take it out, I will give you some more detail on it or you can look up on a UK site <-- someone told me that after I dealt with the same problem as you. But you don't need a new CD player. After you get in there you can pop the CDs right now and put it back in and it will work. :whistles:

You mention a UK site with info on how to remove the CD player. What is the site please? I disconnected my battery and after re-connecting there was no power to my CD player except for the "Load CD" button. It flashed yellow for awhile and then quit. When I press the CD button, eject button, etc., nothing shows up on the screen.

• 2 months later...
I have a 2002 IS300 with the Lexus branded 6 disk in-dash CD player. I have an annoying probelm to where some of my burned CDs will start skipping after the 2nd or third track is reached. I do not have this problem with any of my other CD players. I'm going to guess that it is some sort of compatiblility problem with the CD player, but I'm not sure. Has anyone else had this problem with this particular model before? Is it a defect?

Thanks for your time.

I have a 2001 and 5 cds are stuck in my changer, they will not play or eject. This is the second cd changer that has broken in my car and I think it is ridiculous. I am going to submit a formal complaint and will also consider my options the next time I purchase a vehicle.

• 1 year later...