Is300 Cd Changer Problems and Fixes

cdub

I have a problem too.  i stuck a CD in and now i get  ERROR 3 and nothing happens i cant do anything with it just Flashes Error 3 on my 2001.  *BLEEP*es me off because it's out of warinty.

GENTLEMEN/LADEEZ

help from the uk, very simple for faulty autochangers, disconnect the battery, after 20 minutes reconnect and the fault should be fixed, simple yet so effective, let me know if it works, anyone about to pay $300 for a new one send me the money to visa card no. **** **** **** HA HA HA

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got it to work. I punched the crap out of it on the side a few times and it reads now !!! :)

I have a problem too.  i stuck a CD in and now i get  ERROR 3 and nothing happens i cant do anything with it just Flashes Error 3 on my 2001.  *BLEEP*es me off because it's out of warinty.

GENTLEMEN/LADEEZ

help from the uk, very simple for faulty autochangers, disconnect the battery, after 20 minutes reconnect and the fault should be fixed, simple yet so effective, let me know if it works, anyone about to pay $300 for a new one send me the money to visa card no. **** **** **** HA HA HA

• 1 month later...
I JUST GOT AN IS300 AND ITSFUNNY TO HEAR THAT SO MANY PEOPLE HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM. THE WAY I FIX THE PRBLEM I JUST BOUGHT A APPLE SHUFFLE AND IM HAPPY PLAYING 110 SONGS THAT I CAN CHANGE

milf guy: STOP yelling. Typing in all CAPS is considered rude on many websites including this one.

• 1 month later...
I JUST GOT AN IS300 AND ITSFUNNY TO HEAR THAT SO MANY PEOPLE HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM. THE WAY I FIX THE PRBLEM I JUST BOUGHT A APPLE SHUFFLE AND IM HAPPY PLAYING 110 SONGS THAT I CAN CHANGE

how'd you hook up the ipod shuffle to play in ur car ?

man, at first i had problems wiht all of the cds in my player, only disc 2 was playing, the rest wouldnt play nor even eject.

after reading CHAV's advice, i disconnected my battery for at least 20 mins or 30 mins and upon reconnecting it and starting the car, the cd player wont even work at all, just the FM, AM and Tape player works. arg....

i'm supposed to drive for 18 hrs from CO to TX and cant imagine not having my beloved cd player working....argg argg..argg....

any help?

how'd you hook up the ipod shuffle to play in ur car ?

man, at first i had problems wiht all of the cds in my player, only disc 2 was playing, the rest wouldnt play nor even eject.

after reading CHAV's advice, i disconnected my battery for at least 20 mins or 30 mins and upon reconnecting it and starting the car, the cd player wont even work at all, just the FM, AM and Tape player works. arg....

i'm supposed to drive for 18 hrs from CO to TX and cant imagine not having my beloved cd player working....argg argg..argg....

any help?

Here's the best advice. Forget about the factory head unit. I just went out and bought an after market unit and a 5 channel amp. The factory amp has to be bypassed if you install a new head unit. Used Alpine for both head unit and amp. The sound is perfect now and I can play burned CDs and MP3s.

• 1 year later...

I just recently bought an 01 is300 and I didn't even bother checking if the cd player was working until last week when I decided I wanted to play a newly bought cd. All I get when I press the load button is the screen is the words "WAIT DISK 1" flashing. I took it to lexus and they said I need a whole new unit. What should i do? Any help would be great.

A Lexus Newbie.

Tre'

exact same thing happened to me!! but i didnt notice till i got home (bought the car in texas... drove it home to Florida) . i ended up getting it replaced.

if i may suggest: alpine double din touch screen. its amazing.. and looks great in the lexus dash.

i bought it about a year ago, and love it

• 4 weeks later...
exact same thing happened to me!! but i didnt notice till i got home (bought the car in texas... drove it home to Florida) . i ended up getting it replaced.

if i may suggest: alpine double din touch screen. its amazing.. and looks great in the lexus dash.

i bought it about a year ago, and love it

Yup, same thing happened to me.

I am now in the process of replacing it with a Pioneer Premier head unit and need to figure out the wiring to bypass the amp.

Anyone know what the color code is???

Thanks

Been a while since I've been on the forum but I had something happen yesterday when loading CD's into my 02 IS300 OEM radio. Loaded disc one as the radio instructed. Went to load disc 2 and also waited until the display stated "LOAD". Inserted the disc and all I hear now is a click when trying to play or eject dics 1 or 2. :censored: When loading/unloading or playing discs 3,4,5 & 6 I have no problems. Any idea of a fix or has the radio taken an eternal dirt nap?

Thanks,

Ken

depending on how technical you are, I think you have to do the obvious here. Take the center console apart and pop the cd player out. should be 4 screws to take the cover off and reveal the cd housing. From there it should be a visual dignostic as to how to get the cds out of the tray. This won't be easy though. If you don't wanna deal with it, but really want to save the stock unit, then there are 2 more options. Buy a new one from ebay or someplace that has them besides the full dollar dealership, and have the unit replaced. The other option is to take it to an auto audio shop and have them fix it for you. I have a feeling that either of these options may come out very close in price to each other. Fixing it means it could happen again, but you may save 100-200 bucks, A new one doesn't gaurentee it won't happen again, but it should have a new warrentee with it so if it does.

Or, saylavee to 2 discs and you now are the proud owner of a 4 disc cd player??!!! LOL! ;)

I'm pulling out my factory manual tonight to see how to access the mounting screws without causing any damage to the dash. I have this aching feeling I'm gonna be the proud owner of a 4 disc changer until I sell the car. At least it'll be unique until then. :cheers: Thanks for the info.

I'm pulling out my factory manual tonight to see how to access the mounting screws without causing any damage to the dash. I have this aching feeling I'm gonna be the proud owner of a 4 disc changer until I sell the car. At least it'll be unique until then.:cheers: Thanks for the info.

You have to remove all the case screws and remove Top and Bottom case. Flip the changer over and there is a white plastic trip lever @7 o'clock on the circular gear under the pcb board. If the cd is stuck in the spindle the only way is to power it up and remove. If all else fails I have new and used factory replacement changers with warranty.

"Fish", can you contact me in regards to to the prices on both? I tried the fix tonight and found that there was a little black half ring-like looking thing that snapped inside. Took out the broken pieces and reassembled everything. Yep, now no CD's are able to be loaded, played or the one that was still stuck in there, ejected. Time for a new stereo.:cries: Does anybody have a suggestion for an after-market flat panel touch screen stereo/DVD/Navigation system too?

Thanks again barkat for the response as well,

Ken

d8ona500@gmail.com

well this happens to my jdm Is #00 (Altezza),, n all i do is i just keep pressing the load button while driving and eventually it will show the two disc,, then i eject them,,,,,,, i think it has something to do with the fact that while im driving the bumping causes the cd to fall in the right slot,,,,, just my though so try it b4 u pull up your cd player,,,, or carry it to an electrician,,,,, thats what i did the very first time with mine but nowi dnt i just do what i said above n it works it take about 15 mins max

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I have a 2002 IS300. Just this week my CD player decided to stop working. No error code, just the disc number displayed on the small screen and nothing else. I have both burned CDs and store bought CDs in the player. I took them all out, put them back in and nothing. I called my local Lexus dealer (Jacksonville, FL) and the representative told that she has been receiving calls from people having the same problem with their IS300. She says that the burned CDs are causing the system to act haywire. She gave me no solution to the problem and instead wanted me to bring the car in to get looked at. My car is out of warranty so any repair/service they do I know is going to cost me an arm and a leg. Has anyone else encountered this problem? If so, any solutions I can do myself or at a lower cost?

Thanks to all who respond.

Lee

Seems like most people have had one problem or another with the stock CD players. And I haven't heard that burned CD's make any difference whatsoever. That's a new one to me.

So, if you know you will have to pay for the work then I would either buy a stock CD player on ebay for about 300 bucks and install it yourself or have it installed if you really want to keep the stock look going. Or I would just go with aftermarket. YOu could probably get more for your money that way, and not have to worry about the CD player messing up again.

• 2 weeks later...

i'm having a similar problem. i recently wrecked my car. before the wreck my cd changer was perfect. never had problems out of it and i've had it for 7 years! but after the wreck the whole thing is messed up. there are 6 discs in my changer and i hit eject it doesn't do anything, but if i hit load the amber lights come on and flash like it's goin to load, then it just keeps clicking until it goes thru all of the discs. i thought maybe it was just like off track or something but i know nothing about electrical.has anyone else had this problem?