Sirius Radio Option Available On 6/13/05

I just received word from Sirius Radio the date the hardware needed for will be available. The date is 6/13/05.

This is the date the hardware will become available for dealers to purchase.

Based on previous history this might slip but we need to recognize that Sirius is trying to keep us Lexus owners in the loop.

This hardware will allow us to receive Sirius without any additional external devices except for the antenna.

I just received word from Sirius Radio the date the hardware needed for will be available.  The date is 6/13/05.

This is the date the hardware will become available for dealers to purchase.

Based on previous history this might slip but we need to recognize that Sirius is trying to keep us Lexus owners in the loop. 

This hardware will allow us to receive Sirius without any additional external devices except for the antenna.

Thanks for the update... I'm STILL waiting for a reply from customer service :(

Did the information you receive have any news about the window antenna? Even though my LS is black and probably would do a good job of 'hiding' the antenna, I think I would prefer the inside the front window model that they talked about. (I can't remember the acronym that they were using for it.

I did not receive any additional information regarding the antenna. I have included the information I posted last month on what to expect.

Thanks

"A couple of additional positives to mention specifically related to the SIRIUS hardware is that the Lexus installation time for SIRIUS compared to XM hardware will be shorter thus saving you money and secondly you'll be getting our new SIGMA interior glass mounted antenna which means you won't have a large black antenna sitting on the rear fender of your new LS430. Our antenna will mount on the inside of your front windshield up behind the rear view mirror meaning the exterior aesthetics of your LS430 will remain in tact."

• 1 month later...
I did not receive any additional information regarding the antenna.  I have included the information I posted last month on what to expect.

Thanks

"A couple of additional positives to mention specifically related to the SIRIUS hardware is that the Lexus installation time for SIRIUS compared to XM hardware will be shorter thus saving you money and secondly you'll be getting our new SIGMA interior glass mounted antenna which means you won't have a large black antenna sitting on the rear fender of your new LS430. Our antenna will mount on the inside of your front windshield up behind the rear view mirror meaning the exterior aesthetics of your LS430 will remain in tact."

Just had a partial install of the new Sirius radio in a new 2005 Lexus LS430. Partial, because there was an fault in the wiring harness and they couldn't locate another one. While it is true that the antennae is located on the windshield, it is *not* located behind the mirror. Rather it is located to the right of the GPS receiver, is large (about twice the size of the GPS antennae unit), and interferes with the vision of the passenger. I'm hoping to convince the dealer to move this to the rear window adjacent to the center-mounted brake light. We'll see.

I'm hoping to convince the dealer to move this to the rear window adjacent to the center-mounted brake light.

Any Update - I'm interested too - but have seen the install instructions - I'm not sure I like where they're putting the antenae either.

Thanks in advance ...