400h Voice Command Question

When I am looking at the energy consumption graph on the main display, I can say "Map" and have the display switch to showing the map. Anyone know if there is a voice command to make the display switch from map mode back to the energy graph?

I also am wondering how to do that?

When I am looking at the energy consumption graph on the main display, I can say "Map" and have the display switch to showing the map.  Anyone know if there is a voice command to make the display switch from map mode back to the energy graph?

Anyone know a simple way to get a list of available commands. Going through the various help screens is painful. A printed list would be nice??

Ron

When I am looking at the energy consumption graph on the main display, I can say "Map" and have the display switch to showing the map.  Anyone know if there is a voice command to make the display switch from map mode back to the energy graph?

Anyone know a simple way to get a list of available commands. Going through the various help screens is painful. A printed list would be nice??

Ron

Did your dealer supply you with a DVD to watch? We haven't looked at ours yet, but supposedly, it explains how to use all the NAV features. There is also a tutorial in the Lexus website.

that is the problem. I can't find a list in the manual or the tutorial. They refer you to the "help" screen on nav.

Ron

Ron

Did your dealer supply you with a DVD to watch? We haven't looked at ours yet, but supposedly, it explains how to use all the NAV features. There is also a tutorial in the Lexus website.

The manuals and the tutorial do not have a complete list of the commands. They are only listed in the help screen.

that is the problem. I can't find a list in the manual or the tutorial. They refer you to the "help" screen on nav.

Ron

Are you sure it was a DVD? What the dealer gave us is a CD which plays audio tracks in a CD player and has a video demonstration when played in a computer. It is an overview. I'm about half way through and it is an overview of the basic features, nothing so far on speedyg's question.

I was disappointed that it doesn't have pdfs of the manuals on the disk. It would have been so easy. They shouldn't take much space. With the hefty manuals, it would be easier to look for topics with search on the computer instead of having to page through paper. I'm so much more comfortable dealing with documents on my laptop now. I'll be away on business next week and if I had the file I could start working through the manual, but I'm not going to lug the books along. If we can ever get registered, they are suppose to be available for download from the Lexus owner's site. That is why I am frustrated about the VIN number problem.

I'm very happy with the car, but feeling kind of grumpy about some of Lexus's customer support at the moment. The lady on the phone was nice though. Maybe I'll call back and see if they can email the files if they can't fix the VIN number registration problem promptly.

• 10 years later...

Hi, just wondering if anyone ever figured this out? I just bought one and I almost always toggle between energy and consumption, but I can't find in any of the docs, user manual, pdf's etc etc how to do this, or even if it is possible. I would be surprised if they left that out, since everything else about the vehicle is so throughly thought out ...

Tks

• 3 weeks later...

This looked interesting so I have just been out experimenting with my RX400H 2009. Surely it's a joke. I have never come across such a useless and dysfunctional system. Lexus you should be ashamed of yourselves. It's totally confusing and doesn't seem on mine to provide many options at all. For instance there seems to be an option to speak a POI but only when you have actually got a map displayed. Even then the available POIs seem to be limited entirely to restaurants.

I thought it would be quite good to switch between info and consumption and the map but there doesn't seem to be any way of doing that on my car.

Mike