How Long Does It Take To Receive A Title In Ny?

VMF

I waited almost 3 months to receive the title on my new '03ES in NYC. If you are concerned about the long wait you can contact the MVB and ask where it is.

I was wondering, if you wanted to sell a car before you received the title......then what? Could you sell it? :wacko:

When I lived in NY State, cars didn't have titles. In Virginia, they print you out the title when you go to pick up the plates. Of course that is only if you don't have a lien on it, otherwise whoever holds the lien holds the title until it is paid off.

Maryland is whats called a two part title state. When you own a vehicle subject to a lien you have the title and the bank holds whats called a lien release. When the car is paid off they send you the lien release as proof its paid for, and now you have what are basically two certificates of titles.

Interestingly enough in Maryland when you own a home subject to a lien like a mortgage the bank holds the deed entirely until it is paid for.

i called DMV and they said it takes at LEAST 10 days to issue a title for the out of state car that is registering in NY!!!! i was really *BLEEP*ed and upset and the person i was talkin to went ahead and issued the title immediately so i should be receiving it this week if its not gonna get stolen from my mailbox by my neighbors. :censored:

i called DMV and they said it takes at LEAST 10 days to issue a title for the out of state car that is registering in NY!!!! i was really *BLEEP*ed and upset and the person i was talkin to went ahead and issued the title immediately so i should be receiving it this week if its not  gonna get stolen from my mailbox by my neighbors. :censored:

I'm in Brooklyn too. By the way, where is your mailbox? heehee :P

i'm no longer in brooklyn, moved to LI few month ago:)

LIE exit 58

Actually, I live in Great Neck, but I never updated my profile. Where on L.I. do you live?

nesconset, i work at computer associates and i go to stony brook univercity so its very convenient for me, but i will not stay here longer than its required, place is dead!! (except parties in stony brook)

• 2 weeks later...