Rx300 Moonroof Leak

Blallc

guys!!

my dealer tells me my Rx300 ('03. 28k miles right now) has sunroof(moonroof) drain hole clogged up from leafs and dirts...they might charge me for the

service....

Can this issue be cover under the warranty???? does anyone have similar incidents??? how do i fight back??? help me please~~~

Jason

This is a common problem in any sunroofed vehicle that resides in a four-seasons climate with significant leaffall. It's not a warranty issue.

The good news is that it's easy to fix. Simply locate the drainholes by opening the sunroof and visually searching for them. Then using compressed air, blow them out thoroughly and test the drainage by pouring a small amount of water into the drainholes. You should then see the water run out underneath your vehicle.

Again, this is a common situation and can take years until the drainholes finally have enough debris accumulate in them to clog. I've had to perform this procedure on several vehicles that we've owned over the years.

RX NC,,

thanks for the comments...

My lexus dealer is gracious enough to cover the clog problem

under the warranty!!! and they replaced floor mat and the carpet.

for the future reference, if anyone runs into the same problem,

go talk to your local dealer and have them fix it under the warranty (if

you are still qualify for dealer warranty).

Thanks

have great christmas and happy new year...