Does Your Ls400 Still Run?

Flated

Wonder what percentage of our cars are still capable of the sub 7 second 0-60 and 15 second quarter miles? Were these numbers from a Car and Driver test with a rigged ringer LS like the '64 GTO tests, or do many of our cars still have the muscle to pull these numbers. I know mileage and time take their toll, but it sounds like many of us are living with very comfortable but doggy performance from the posts. Does yours still RUN? Thanks!

thats a good question...

i've never taken my Lexus to the track, or tested times, but i'm not into that kinda thing with this car

heck i just cruise her around and treat her like the baby she is...... :lol:

but in all reality, sure the times are gonna drop off over time, and as the engine wears, but our engine is VERY strong and reliable, and will still outperform many new cars at 200k miles, (pending on the maintenence of the car), and thats something to write home about

personally, my car is very well maintaned and clean, and yes, she will dead get it merging on to the bypass. :lol:

Wonder what percentage of our cars are still capable of the sub 7 second 0-60 and 15 second quarter miles?  Were these numbers from a Car and Driver test with a rigged ringer LS like the '64 GTO tests, or do many of our cars still have the muscle to pull these numbers.  I know mileage and time take their toll, but it sounds like many of us are living with very comfortable but doggy performance from the posts.  Does yours still RUN? Thanks!

Mine did a healthy 0-60MPh in 6.4secs during the fall. You have to keep in mind when these cars are tested, they are usually tested when they are brand new, and the engine is still breaking in. After about 40,000 Miles of running, the engine, believe it or not performs better, and the acceleration increases if basic maintenance is preformed.

Just look at Car and driver’s tests of new cars, and after 30K or so, and you will see what I mean.

Wonder what percentage of our cars are still capable of the sub 7 second 0-60 and 15 second quarter miles?  Were these numbers from a Car and Driver test with a rigged ringer LS like the '64 GTO tests, or do many of our cars still have the muscle to pull these numbers.  I know mileage and time take their toll, but it sounds like many of us are living with very comfortable but doggy performance from the posts.  Does yours still RUN? Thanks!

Mine most definantly runs! I did a 0-60 test a few weeks ago, and I got a 7.8 figure, and she reached 95mph in 14.9. I think that is damn good for a '95 LS with 242,1xx miles on the odo. I think that if I would take all of the crap out of my car, I could knock a few tenths off of that 7.8. I can email you the mpeg if you like-it's very cool with the tires sqealing and the V8 screaming all the way up to 6100rpms! B)

:cheers:

Mine most definantly runs! I did a 0-60 test a few weeks ago, and I got a 7.8 figure, and she reached 95mph in 14.9. I think that is damn good for a '95 LS with 242,1xx miles on the odo. I think that if I would take all of the crap out of my car, I could knock a few tenths off of that 7.8. I can email you the mpeg if you like-it's very cool with the tires sqealing and the V8 screaming all the way up to 6100rpms! B)

Blake,

Email me that mpeg!!! :lol:

Blake's mpeg is really cool. But there's no way I would try that with my new "baby". I want her to just cruise around, though I have tried some passing manuevers around aggressive dorks in sports cars on the freeway who might have been a bit surprised .... ;)

:cheers: WOW - have not tested my 90 formally, but it R U N S! I have a couple of steep grades in my area and this car tackles them like they were downlill runs!

Initial accelleration is a "little" slow but after that, look out Beemers!

Love my 90 LS and am not even thinking about any other car.

Nice to hear good memos after so many "problem" questions. A newcomer to the site needs to hear the good stuff! Thanks for asking.

Ron Johnson

I must admit I have "gotten on it" a few times. I try not to smoke the tires as they cost too much, but once I get it rolling, it will scream up to redline then silky smooth shift up through the gears. Then I start worrying about cops.

Maybe we need a MPEG section somewhere on LOC? I'd love to see a few videos of cars cruising.

Does yours still RUN? Thanks!

You must be kidding :lol: ! We're talking about a Lexus here!!!! IMO this is the most dependable car on the road....even the first gens ;). Yes, mine still runs. In fact, sometimes I feel like I have a new car....sometimes people mistake my 91 for a new car! A while ago I posted an article about a guy who had 550k on his 90 LS.

0-60? I need to time mine....may be a while though, the weather is turning towards winter here in MN. I do know that if I want to go, it goes...fast. I usually try to hold back though since gas prices are so high now.

I think a good question would be: have you seen an LS that doesn't run? Accidents don't count ;). I have yet to hear of an LS that "just died."

Maybe we need a MPEG section somewhere on LOC? I'd love to see a few videos of cars cruising.

i agree, that would be fun.......... :P

i'm installing a tunnel ram air system on her this weekend, i'm gonna make an MPEG with sound so you guys can see what she does.

someone had an MGEG with there Gen 1 i saw one time, just totally ragging out the car with power stallls, doughnuts, redlines............it made me cringe, i could barely watch it, just thinking about doing that to my car :unsure: