Headlight Bulbs Not Working...

1991LS400

I noticed tonight that my driver side headlight bulb doesn't work when the regular low-beam lights are on but when the brights are on both of them work. I got those half xenon headlight bulbs from online called Euro Dezigns or something like that. They worked great until tonight. Now the regular low-beam driver side headlight bulb doesn't turn on unless it's on brights.

What is going on?

What do you mean "on brights"? Do you mean high beam? If you're talking about it working when your high beam is on, then its's probally because the low beam filament is burnt.

Pull out the bulb and take a look at it...it only takes 5 minutes.

What do you mean "on brights"? Do you mean high beam? If you're talking about it working when your high beam is on, then its's probally because the low beam filament is burnt.

Pull out the bulb and take a look at it...it only takes 5 minutes.

Is the low beam filament inside the bulb? Because my friend said this happened to him and he just replaced it with different bulbs and it worked. So my actual car should be fine right? the filament is inside the bulb itself?

And if the low beam filament is inside the bulb is there a way for me to look at it and tell if it's burnt out?

Yeah, it's inside the bulb. There's 2 filaments inside your headlight bulb, 1 is the high beam and the other is your low beam. Just pull the bulb out and take a look at the "wire" inside the bulb, it's like when a light bulb in your house burns out. I'm positive that it's just your bulb...there's nothing wrong with your car bro.

Yeah, it's inside the bulb. There's 2 filaments inside your headlight bulb, 1 is the high beam and the other is your low beam. Just pull the bulb out and take a look at the "wire" inside the bulb, it's like when a light bulb in your house burns out. I'm positive that it's just your bulb...there's nothing wrong with your car bro.

Keep in mind it's that so-called HID lookalike that comes with like 40% Xenon Gas and 60% Krypton. I'm not sure if those bulbs actually have a wire that you can see. They are very bright and have a tint of blue in them and I love it. Too bad my low-beam on the driver side doesn't work.

Keep in mind it's that so-called HID lookalike that comes with like 40% Xenon Gas and 60% Krypton. I'm not sure if those bulbs actually have a wire that you can see. They are very bright and have a tint of blue in them and I love it. Too bad my low-beam on the driver side doesn't work.

The bulbs you have still have a filament.

Stick your stock bulb back in there and see if it works. If it does, then your aftermarket bulb is bad.

yeah you just need to replace that bulb

i had the same problem with a plasma purple kyrpton bulb 2 years ago, they low beam went out but the high still worked........

i just replaced the bulb, and everything worked fine <_<

actually i put in the silverstar 9004st bulbs, i have been running the same bulbs for 2 years or so now, with no burnouts.......

and i drive with with my lights on ALL the time......they are good bulbs. and the thing i liked about them is the longer you use them the brighter they get, its wierd, i also noticed that they emitt a purple outter ring on the beam pattern now, looks very cool.......very pleased with silverstar bulbs. :cheers:

I put in the silverstar bulbs about 2 years ago, and like Silvermate, I always drive with my lights on all the time. They work just fine and are brighter than the original bulbs. The most common way for a headlight bulb to fail is to have the low beams burn out since they are used much more often than the high beams.

You fog lights will not work when you lights are on high beam. When I went to get the big Lex inspected the other day, the guy told me my fog lights didn't work. I flipped the lever back to low beam and they came right on. The guy gave an "oh" and told me how nice the car was.

of course the oem one is gonna work . those bulbs that you got are dual beams, it means that one bulb works for low and high beam and it has 2 spirals inthem, in your case the spiral for the lowbeam is burned while the high beam one is ok, thats why it is working when you turn the high beam on, just buy a replacement and change the bulb, as ez as 123.

I think those HID look alike's don't last too long. When I still had my Integra I had a pair of those in there and they only lasted half a year.

Hey, has anyone found whiter parking light bulbs (168)? I too have Silverstars and they're so white and bright that it makes my corners look extremely yellow.

of course the oem one is gonna work . those bulbs that you got are dual beams, it means that one bulb works for low and high beam and it has 2 spirals inthem, in your case the spiral for the lowbeam is burned while the high beam one is ok, thats why it is working when you turn the high beam on, just buy a replacement and change the bulb, as ez as 123.

If the guy has those blue tinted or painted bulbs maybe he can't see the filaments.