Latest Nav Dvd

ihparker

• 3 weeks later...

I have a 2004 LS-430 that I purchased in February 2004.  The car came with Navigation DVD version 3.1.

Does anyone know if there is a newer version available?

Not yet (as far as I've been told).

I just had mine replaced yesterday as part of a 'campaign' and the version is 4.2

I have a 2004 LS-430 that I purchased in February 2004.  The car came with Navigation DVD version 3.1.

Does anyone know if there is a newer version available?

Not yet (as far as I've been told).

I just had mine replaced yesterday as part of a 'campaign' and the version is 4.2

The letter states i have to give the dealer my VIN# then wait 3-5 days for the DVD to arrive. Shouldn't the dealerships already have the new version? Is the DVD update coded according to the VIN#?

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...CODE=12&CID=100

John

Just called my local dealer. I spoke to the service dept. I was told the service dept will take care of ordering the DVD through their parts dept. When the DVD arrives, the parts dept will notify me & i can then schedule an appointment to get this update(free of course). My letter states this will only be a free upgrade until Dec. 31, 2004.

John

mine says that I have til Dec 2005 and not 2004.  This makes sense since they should give us enough time to take our car in.

Well, I've got a 2004 LS and haven't received any letter about a DVD upgrade. Mine is V3.1 also.

Does the letter indicate why they are updating it?

Just called my local dealer. I spoke to the service dept. I was told the service dept will take care of ordering the DVD through their parts dept. When the DVD arrives, the parts dept will notify me & i can then schedule an appointment to get this update(free of course). My letter states this will only be a free upgrade until Dec. 31, 2004.

John

MY mistake, the letter does state i have till 12/2005 not 2004.

Well, I've got a 2004 LS and haven't received any letter about a DVD upgrade. Mine is V3.1 also.

Does the letter indicate why they are updating it?

"In recent months, Lexus has received reports of localized anomalies in the map details of your vehicle's Navigation System. Although by nature map databases may contain a certain degree of inaccuracy, a noticeable decline in the precision of the map data was observed when directly compared to 2003 model year Navigation systems. In addition, these anomalies tended to be concentrated in particular areas"

John