khans52

New Club Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Model: RX300

Posted 26 October 2004 - 07:02 AM

Hello, forum,

Ever since this weekend, every 5-10 minutes the alarm on my '99 RX300 beeps as if I'm locking the car (single beep). I thought while I was doing housework this weekend that perhaps I was inadvertantly hitting the key in my pocket. But I heard it about 3 times this morning while getting ready for work (keys in my drawer). Has anyone ever seen/heard this? Is my battery dying? Is there a loose wire? Is my key going haywire?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
-Ken

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 artinist

artinist

New Club Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Model: 1999 RX300

Posted 22 November 2004 - 05:41 PM

i have heard of a similar problem. in that case, if you pressed the lock button on the remote and lock the car, a few seconds later, it would lock again by itselfs.

disconnect the battery, press the brake lights and reconnect the battery see if it helps.

#3 MRubenzahl

MRubenzahl

New Club Member

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Model: RX300

Posted 19 December 2010 - 03:13 PM

My symptoms were that when I turn the car off and get out, in a few seconds (5-10), the alarm go off. Pressing the unlock button on the remote key stops it and I can them lock the car and set the alarm, but next time I start and stop the car, the same would happen. A quick disconnect of the battery did not fix it but a longer disconnect (over 5 minutes) seems to have fixed it. I also pressed the brake pedal while the battery was disconnected, for good measure.

So far, so good.

And by the way, it's a 10-mm nut holding the battery cable (saving you a trip back to the toolbox).

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have