Does Anyone Know What The Ect Button Do?

JamesN

Yea, you wanna be careful using it racing, make sure to let of the gas just a hair enough for it to switch gears at the rpm you want(automatic), and then give it full gas again. As it does redline pretty far, in 1st & 2nd with PWR ECT on. I do notice much more contolled take offs though.

Sir Sam,

That reminds me of the other weird thing about the PWR button. I most people can tell the shift from 1st to 2nd is REALLY soft and slow in their cars. If I dead floor mine with PWR on it will acctually bounce off the rev limiter waiting for the 1st 2nd shift. :blushing:

So feathering the throttle is prob. a good thing. B)

There is a lot more than that to a lexus SC. The ect not only changes the shift pattern of the transmission, it changes the throttle response also. The throttle in the SC is completely goverend from the ECU. If you work your way into the throttle normally until it is in the floor you will not get the same response as if you just stomp the gas.

slowly working the throttle to the floor = 85% potential power when floored

Stomping it opens the ecu wide open and feeds 100% to the motor.

This isn't a chevrolet, it is designed to respond to the way it is driven. That ect button is more than the power button on a pontiac.