AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JamesN

Does Anyone Know What The Ect Button Do?

9 posts in this topic

I was just wondering what does the ECT button on the tranmission panel do? All i know is that when its on, I can rev at a higher RPM. Does this help if you want to drag race?? Thanks.

ECT (electronically controlled transmission) holds the transmission in each gear longer for performance, as opposed to shifting earlier for economy.

Yeah what he said, and your gas mileage is gonna go down too

And also I think it makes sure when you stomp on it that it shifts at the redline, correct me if I'm wrong.

cool! I do notice my gas milage is down when i put it on. Thanks guys

Thr other thing I have noticed when the switch is on is that the car will downsift sooner without having to push down the pedal as far.

Yea, you wanna be careful using it racing, make sure to let of the gas just a hair enough for it to switch gears at the rpm you want(automatic), and then give it full gas again. As it does redline pretty far, in 1st & 2nd with PWR ECT on. I do notice much more contolled take offs though.

Sir Sam,

That reminds me of the other weird thing about the PWR button. I most people can tell the shift from 1st to 2nd is REALLY soft and slow in their cars. If I dead floor mine with PWR on it will acctually bounce off the rev limiter waiting for the 1st 2nd shift. :blushing:

So feathering the throttle is prob. a good thing. B)

There is a lot more than that to a lexus SC. The ect not only changes the shift pattern of the transmission, it changes the throttle response also. The throttle in the SC is completely goverend from the ECU. If you work your way into the throttle normally until it is in the floor you will not get the same response as if you just stomp the gas.

slowly working the throttle to the floor = 85% potential power when floored

Stomping it opens the ecu wide open and feeds 100% to the motor.

This isn't a chevrolet, it is designed to respond to the way it is driven. That ect button is more than the power button on a pontiac.