Outside Window Molding

94 gs300 prussian red. Purchased it 3yrs ago with 89,000 miles. It has 149,000 and going strong. Have a few problems, ie. front passanger and rear driver side window moldings are separating from the doors(wind tunnel sound inside car) the dealer wants $475 per window to replace, what is the part called so I can get a quote from a body shop to replace? Amp is not working so the cd, cass, radio all cut in and out(dealer will replace with rebuilt amp $275, is that a good price?). The leather is cracked and I am looking to replace it with any suggestions on a company that has great replacement upholstery kits, interior is tan and brown. The main engine seal is leaking, the dealer will replace for $1000 in labor without charging for the seal since they missed it when I brought my car in for service. Is that a good deal? In need of shocks, new rotors and breaks. Looking for drilled and slotted rotors any suggestions. Last issue is the wood trim kit, the piece around the shifter is cracked and the front passenger control cover. Have found the replacement for the shifter, but there seems to be nothing for the door, do you know of anyone still making this piece?

WOW!!! I need all 4 window trim pieces too. Someone has to know a place to get these..........

94 gs300 prussian red.  Purchased it 3yrs ago with 89,000 miles.  It has 149,000 and going strong.  Have a few problems, ie.  front passanger and rear driver side window moldings are separating from the doors(wind tunnel sound inside car) the dealer wants $475 per window to replace, what is the part called so I can get a quote from a body shop to replace?  Amp is not working so the cd, cass, radio all cut in and out(dealer will replace with rebuilt amp $275, is that a good price?).  The leather is cracked and I am looking to replace it with any suggestions on a company that has great replacement upholstery kits, interior is tan and brown.  The main engine seal is leaking, the dealer will replace for $1000 in labor without charging for the seal since they missed it when I brought my car in for service.  Is that a good deal?  In need of shocks, new rotors and breaks.  Looking for drilled and slotted rotors any suggestions.  Last issue is the wood trim kit, the piece around the shifter is cracked and the front passenger control cover.  Have found the replacement for the shifter, but there seems to be nothing for the door, do you know of anyone still making this piece?

• 7 months later...

I know this is almost a year later but i wanted to put the solution in for someons future refrence

I want to post the cheapest fix for this problem but it will be a compromise as it a repair to the existing part rather then a new part for $400 plus instilation.A friend is a auto body expert and he fix the problem in 10 min.

the fix pull loose ruber window gasket and you will see a rivet and screw afixing the trim . drill out the rivet 9you should but do not have to reattach with new rivet. Now bend the top of the frame so as to remove the upward pressure from the corner where the side and top rails of the windowmeet (only visable flaw is crease where you do this.

Now get automotive two way tape and run it down the side of the frame (the thickest part ) and press until fram is reatached reinstall gasket and it will be good as new.

Scott

• 1 year later...

I am having the same problem with the window molding separating from the doors on the outside and causing a ton of wind noise. I will pay anybody who can offer a solution.

Ive got the same exact problem. When I get a chance im going to try what Scott Gordon said. Doesn’t seem too hard to do. Has anyone else done this. So basically your removing the rivet bending the black frame around the door and putting a new rivet on. Hopefully its as easy as it sounds.

• 2 weeks later...

why would you sell a car because it has some problems? What a waste of money. His total cost to make the doors LIKE NEW is less than the tax he'd pay for a new car. Buying a new car is a WASTE.

you can tell the insurance adjuster that someone tried to break into your car and thats why the door is messed up like that. it will cost you whatever your deductible is to have the problem fixed.

• 8 years later...

Hi

I have a 1993 GS 300. The drivers side window molding has pulled away from the door approximately 1 1/2 inches. I bought the car when it was new and I love it. It has 130,000 miles and just keeps running. But the window molding is an issue and I was told by the dealership that it is a recurring problem with the 1993. The windows do not work anymore nor the sunroof. The wood vaneer is chipped on the gear shift and on the right passenger window controls. The CD changer stopped working years ago, I would like to restore it but the window molding is bent out so far that I see no way to repair it other than to replace the window molding at the dealership which is around $1000. The car is not worth much more than that. Yet I so love my Lexus. I could buy a new one but I really like this car. Any thoughts on the repairs? I reside in Phoenix.