Whats The Difference Between 95 And 96 Es300?

Hi,i own a 95 es 300 and my freind owns a 96 es 300 and we put them side by side and we cant find any difference in them..does anyone know a differnce between these 2 cars?thanks

Not really, the ES got a very mild refresh in 95, and it was planning to be totally redesigned in 97, so why would they bother with changing anything? Same is true of the 92, 93, and 94, they're all the same, as are the 97, 98 and 99, and the 02, and the 03.

when you say they are all the same what do you mean?

as they have different trannys engines

and eletrical also different options likie chirp for the alarm and outside ambient temp on the hvac cluster?

acually,i was also asking about changes in electrical,motor ect..i think i did find one difference.when we looked under the hoods on both of them there was a couple things different.one is it looks like they added something for fuel econemy in 96 or something like that..and another looks like they chaged the casing on the motor..other then that i dont see anything else..thanks

one more thing..when i check the specs on both of them 95 and 96 i see that the 95 has 53.9 inches of head room and the 96 has 54.7.so i guess that means the 96 is slightly higher then the 95..i sat in both and i cant see the difference..

is it just me, or are there variations of different headlights in yrs 92, 93, 94? i speficially dont know which one, but i've seen chromed headlights (for those that know what i'm talking about) on a 92-94 (can tell because of round fogs and rear emblems), and i've also seen the non-shiny ones in a 92-94.

hmm i can't say i have seen the darker lights on a 92-94 model maybe they where just replaced after an accident

i did look at a 95 es today at the amc parking lot( went to see bruce almighty,it ha Jim Carrey and i have to support the local Toronto people)

and the lights have those lines across it

buti never noticed that the area aroung the projector is chrome on the lip edge and gunmetal on the rest

very nice looking i must say

Rena, I've noticed the same thing and can't tell if its because the lights are just old and worn or if there was actually a difference. We know that in on year (95 I think) they did add or remove those three lines across the lamp, I remember hearing about that...

• 6 years later...

Holy ancient threads....this one's almost 7 years old!

Wow, no kidding! Musta taking some digging to dredge this one up lol

Anyways, Lexus must have gone to a cheaper production process for the '95 - '96 lenses which left those horizontal lines in them. I can't see them actually intentionally engineering the lines into the lenses. They certainly don't add any aesthetic enhancement, IMO.