Any 470 Owners Using The Trd Supercharger?

cvep1994

Good Day LX 470 fans, anyone out there used the TRD Supercharger on the 4.7liter engine yet? I have 2000 LX 470, 39k miles, looking for more power... to create an escalade burner! anyone have any stories to share? if so, how much did you pay, who installed, price to install, warranty issues, performance bonus???

thanks

cvep. B)

I have a 2000 LX470 with 40k. My warranty is up on it however im not sure about yours. The warranty on the TRD Supercharger works with your lexus warranty. If you have it installed by a qualified professional at a Lexus or Toyota dealership your Supercharger will either be covered by your factory drivetrain warranty or a one year/unlimited mileage warranty, whichever is greater. If you install it yourself, which takes 160 steps for the full proccess, you will still be covered for One year/unlimited mileage as long as the supercharger unit itself is not modified.

Now For performance gains TRD says that it will give you a maximum of 50% more ponies to your 2UZ-FE motor. I have seen reported horsepowers ranging from 335-353 post installation.

You can find it online at toyota dealerships for as little as $4,099 if you shop around. however im not sure if thats just the assembly or the whole kit. The Toyota City I asked for a price qoute on the supercharger said, $7,025 and i said :censored:

hope this helps you

Btw - Im looking to get one myself if you didnt already notice my excitment over this thing.

Also... if you can get over to West Covina in L.A. the Toyota Dealership there is a Stocking TRD Dealership and you can get a great price on the supercharger there. TRD also has other things for the LX470 like better front brake pads and a Cooler running thermostat

i too have been looking to upgrade my 00 LX470 at 48K but have seen ads saying that TRD has disconinued sales of the superchrger due to some technical issues. the lowest price i saw was $3,600-but you need to shell out for $1K for install i believe-if it's still ok and warranteeable.

i too have been looking to upgrade my 00 LX470 at 48K but have seen ads saying that TRD has disconinued sales of the superchrger due to some technical issues. the lowest price i saw was $3,600-but you need to shell out for $1K for install i believe-if it's still ok and warranteeable.

that's not true becuz some gx owners did it to their gx470s and had no problem with it and were very happy that they had it installed. ;)

• 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...