Car Alarm Nightmares

RColbert

I'VE GOT A SERIOUS PROBLEM WITH MY CAR ALARM GOING OFF IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT WITHOUT ANYBODY OR ANYTHING NEAR IT. QUITE SIMPLY, IT JUST GOES ON ALL ON IT'S OWN. HAS ANYBODY ELSE EVER HAD THIS PROBLEM, AND IF SO, CAN YOU TELL ME HOW TO FIX THIS WITHOUT REPLACING THE ENTIRE ALARM SYSTEM? :unsure:

I've never had this problem with my SC or one of our ES's but our Land Cruiser does this all the time. On that car, it's due to a faulty door open switch (the one with the black rubber cover over it). It could also be due to a weak battery. Actually, come to think of it, I think my ES did this once when the battery was on its' way out the door. If I were you, I'd check out your door switches and your trunk switch too. If one of these is faulty and causes the car to think that a door has been opened, then boom-alarm is triggered.

I am a victim of what JDOwen2 descibes---------although not with my Lexus.

My alarm went off in the wee hours of the morning about 3-4 times, I shut the alarm off the next night & the car was broken into.

Herb.

• 4 weeks later...
I'VE GOT A SERIOUS PROBLEM WITH MY CAR ALARM GOING OFF IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT WITHOUT ANYBODY OR ANYTHING NEAR IT. QUITE SIMPLY, IT JUST GOES ON ALL ON IT'S OWN. HAS ANYBODY ELSE EVER HAD THIS PROBLEM, AND IF SO, CAN YOU TELL ME HOW TO FIX THIS WITHOUT REPLACING THE ENTIRE ALARM SYSTEM? :unsure:

We have the same problem with our 1997 ES300. The alarm will suddenly turn itself on while the car is parked in the garage. The dealer replaced a switch in the trunk at the cost of $68 but to no avail. The problem persists!

By trial and error we have discovered that it only happens if the trunk has been opened and closed while only the driver's door is unlocked. If we unlock all doors, open and close the trunk lid, nothing happens. That represents a problem anywhere else but in our garage. In public places, if we open and close the trunk lid, we restart the engine, turn it off and lock all doors. Weird isn't it?

Anyway I am going to get in touch with the car dealer and relate my findings. If they manage to fix the problem I'll let you know.

Charles M. De Mets

demets@ptd.net

• 2 months later...
  • 6 years later...
  • 1 year later...